Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help!!! I put on the exhaust yesterday and love the power. The only problem is that when the car is cold, I heard rubbing around the front of the H-pipes. Does anyone else know what to do? I also have some issues with the rear left exhaust rubbing the body. Please help.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi

I have not dun this system but many others.

You may have to tune the fit.

I mean loosen and move muffler or pipe to gain clearance where you need it.

Some times it is the pipe in front of the problem spot and it may need to be turned just a little to gain the clearance.

Hope this helps.

Brian

Still waiting Blue 300C:mad:

·
Registered
426 Posts
Brian hit the nail on the head. I was under mine four times after the install adjusting and tightening the various components to rid myself of any rubbing or noise inducing contact. But all is good now.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I had the same problem. I took my car back to the place that installed it and they made a few adjustments. It is now perfect.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey thanks for the input fellas. I really do need the direction. Probably I work on this on Sunday if the rain clears.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yep, I had same problem, drivers side, once we had it up on the hoist we could see it right away.

took all of 5 minutes to correct, (3 minutes to get it on the hoist and in the air) :)

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
II Kings,
Yup two tone black.

Everyone else,
Found the problem. The H-pipes were too close to the bar that runs under them and I had to tighten the pipes so they wouldn't rub. Thanks for the help. I also noticed that the exhaust tips moved from the first time that I installed the exhaust. I readjusted them and now everything is as pretty as a (use your imagination here). Thanks for the help all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts