Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you replaced your cabin filter yet?

Is your 300 equipped with a cabin filter?

Many 300's, especially the base models do not come with a cabin filter. Heres your opportunity to add, or replace the cabin air filter with a geniune Mopar cabin filter designed specifically for the LX vehicles. We are offering this at an incredible savings, slightly over 58% less than the MSRP of the factory cabin filter. These are listed on our website, just look under Chrysler - 300 - 2005 - Cabin Filter. Stock up and save big, who knows how long this pricing could last!!!!!

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Have you replaced your cabin filter yet?

Is your 300 equipped with a cabin filter?

Many 300's, especially the base models do not come with a cabin filter. Heres your opportunity to add, or replace the cabin air filter with a geniune Mopar cabin filter designed specifically for the LX vehicles. We are offering this at an incredible savings, slightly over 58% less than the MSRP of the factory cabin filter. These are listed on our website, just look under Chrysler - 300 - 2005 - Cabin Filter. Stock up and save big, who knows how long this pricing could last!!!!!
I haven't read my manual but does anyone know how often they should be replaced? I don't smoke and don't eat in my car.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Mikeyjohn the filter cleans the air coming from outside of the car , so what you do inside has nothing to do with the life of the filter .

[email protected] are you selling the filter assembly or just the filter? If your car did not come from the factory with the filter you do not have the bracket that holds the filter in place . Any LX car can be retrofitted with the entire assenbly and filter . You just cant add the filter without the filter bracket.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is recommended to replace the filter every 24,000 miles. This will help reduce the pollen and dust that can enter your vehicle through the air conditioning air intake.

We are aware that you cannot just add a filter to vehciles not equipped with them. This is a complete kit to retrofit the vehicles without filters, and replace the filter on vehicles equipped with the filter. To purchase just the filter alone would cost $30.85, this is being sold for $13.00.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
HOUSING-FRESH AIR INLET
WARNING: Refer to the applicable warnings and cautions for this system before performing the following operation (Refer to 24 - HEATING & AIR CONDITIONING/PLUMBING - WARNINGS) and (Refer to 24 - HEATING & AIR CONDITIONING/PLUMBING - CAUTIONS). Failure to follow the warnings and cautions could result in possible personal injury or death.
NOTE: The fresh air inlet housing must be removed from the vehicle for removal of the HVAC housing.
NOTE: Early model year vehicles use four nuts to secure the fresh air inlet housing to the dash panel. Vehicles built later in the model year use only two nuts to secure the fresh air inlet housing. If replacing a early model year design fresh air inlet housing with the late model year design housing, a stud will need to be removed from the dash panel to allow the new design housing to mount properly.

1. Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable.
2. Remove the cowl top panel from the dash panel (Refer to 23 - BODY/EXTERIOR/PANEL-COWL TOP - REMOVAL).
3. Remove the two bolts (1) that secure the strut support (2) to the left side strut tower (3).
4. Disengage the wiper motor (5) from the bracket (4) located on the strut support.

5. Disengage the retainer that secures the wire harness (4) to the bottom of the strut support (3).
6. Remove the purge solenoid (5) from its mounting bracket and position the solenoid out of the way.
7. Remove the two bolts (1) that secure the strut support to the right side strut tower (6) and remove the support from the engine compartment.
8. Position the powertrain control module (PCM) or the engine control module (ECM) (2) (depending on engine application) out of the way.

9. Remove the push-pin retainer (1) that secures the fresh air inlet housing (2) to the right inner fender (6).
10. Disengage the wire harness retainer (3) from inside the bottom of the fresh air inlet housing.
11. Remove the push-pin retainer (5) that secures the insulator (4) to the front of the fresh air inlet housing and position the insulator out of the way.

12. On all models, remove the two nuts (1) that secure the fresh air inlet housing (5) and air inlet water separator (2) or particulate air filter (8) and housing (7) (depending on application) to the dash panel (4).
13. On early model year vehicles, remove the fresh air inlet water separator or particulate air filter and housing (depending on application) from inside of the fresh air inlet housing.
14. On early model year vehicles, reach into the fresh air inlet housing and remove the two nuts (3 and 6) that secure the fresh air inlet housing to the dash panel and remove the housing from the dash panel.
15. On late model year vehicles, remove the fresh air inlet housing and air inlet water separator or particulate air filter and housing (depending on application) as an assembly from the dash panel.

(#2 is only on vehicles equipped without the filter)

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
grunt said:
Mikeyjohn the filter cleans the air coming from outside of the car , so what you do inside has nothing to do with the life of the filter .

[email protected] are you selling the filter assembly or just the filter? If your car did not come from the factory with the filter you do not have the bracket that holds the filter in place . Any LX car can be retrofitted with the entire assenbly and filter . You just cant add the filter without the filter bracket.
There you go, thanks for that. I now wonder why they call it a cabin filter?

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The interior of the vehicle is reffered to as the passenger cabin area. This is a filter to reduce the intake of pollen and dust into the passenger cabin.
The people who purchased base, and touring editions more than likely do not have a cabin filter. This is a complete filter housing, cover, and filter that is sold much less than purchasing the filter alone. If this were just a filter, the shipping would be around $5.00, but the housing is fairly large, so that brings up the shipping charge some. If you live in areas like I do, the upcoming pollen season is terrible. Black cars turning yellow due to the Pine pollen. This filter is a big help for people with allergies in reducing the pollen intake from the outside air into the cabin area.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Details on installing on cars not equipped

For vehicles that do not come equipped with the cabin filter, here is the details on the installation of this.

1. Remove the cowl screen on the passenger side of the engine compartment.
2. Remove the top lid from the air intake housing. (Item #2 in Pic)
3. Install Housing #7 in it's place.
4. Slide Filter #8 into the housing #7
5. Re-attach the cowl screen

This can be done within 20 minutes time.
That is it, nothing else to do, from this point forward, all you would have to change is just the filter.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Price on retro kit?

Ted, I'm local here in Charleston and just bought my 300C from Rick Hendrick last Friday and LOVE it. How much is the whole shooting match, the housing and any parts needed to install? Is it possible to get these same prices if I pick them up? Thanks!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BobCav said:
Ted, I'm local here in Charleston and just bought my 300C from Rick Hendrick last Friday and LOVE it. How much is the whole shooting match, the housing and any parts needed to install? Is it possible to get these same prices if I pick them up? Thanks!
BobCav,
The 300C's I think already have the cabin filter already installed. This whole package however, is cheaper than the replacement filter. We will still honor the price if you come to the counter, can't do this through the Service department though. I am sure they can install it, but I can show you how to do it as well.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Cabin Air Filter

Ted,

I looked at the sticker and it's not standard on the 300C, but part of the Protection Group II option that I do not have. So it looks like I'll be in today to pick it up! See you later.

Bob

·
Registered
337 Posts
Bob,
If you have any questions or problems with your install, let me know. I posted a write-up in the Tech section which follows the directions given by Mopar Supercenter. Some of the bolts are metric. The filter itself is of high quality. Good luck with your install.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I checked with our technician who has installed these here, he said this was a 20 minute job. Next one we do, I will try to stand over him taking pictures and do a complete write up showing the steps involved. Then again, I am sure the more you do, the easier it seems to get.

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
I checked with our technician who has installed these here, he said this was a 20 minute job. Next one we do, I will try to stand over him taking pictures and do a complete write up showing the steps involved. Then again, I am sure the more you do, the easier it seems to get.

While my car came with the filter, I thought I would still chime in here and thank you for that kind of technical support to the forum! :)

·
Registered
337 Posts
I've found many jobs over the years that take hours the first time you do it and "20 minutes" the next time-if there would ever be a next time.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Thanks everyone for the help!

Thanks everyone, the install should go well with all this great help. Ted, it was nice meeting you and Jeff. I'll call Friday to see if the kits are in. You've got my support and business!

Bob

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bob,
It was a real pleasure meeting you as well. I would also like to say that the filters are now back in stock should anyone be interested in one.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts