Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
there is no comparison dont waste your money on the mopar . afe or airhammer.

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
5 to maybe 10 with the AFE/Hammer but don't buy for the performance, you won't see much if any in that alone, it's purely sound unless it's being accompanied by other mods such as exhaust, programmer, etc.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya, definetly wasnt expecting much out of just the cai. It will definetly be accompanied by exhaust as well as a diablo. Thanks again to everyone for the input.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
cause there are proven better ones out there. chrysler did a good job on the intakes of these cars so not just any intake is better . its been dyno proven and some of them actually lost power. airhammer and afe did the best.

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
Actually, Mopar parts can/do also void it. Before we get into the whole debate over this again, in the end, it really depends on your dealer and how mod friendly they are if a problem arises. Just fyi.

·
Premium Member
1,833 Posts
im running the K&N and i like it alot now that i come to think of it not many of you guys are running it.... what gives?
I run the K&N also and love it. I do not have the numbers on the airhammer and AFE, and the K&N claims (being optimal word) 21.09 HP increase.

·
Banned
4,213 Posts
I run the K&N also and love it. I do not have the numbers on the airhammer and AFE, and the K&N claims (being optimal word) 21.09 HP increase.
yeah im actually taking my car to the dyno this weekend and just for fun ill swap out the K&N with the stock and make a run on it then back over to K&N ill let ya know the numbers :)

·
Premium Member
1,833 Posts
yeah im actually taking my car to the dyno this weekend and just for fun ill swap out the K&N with the stock and make a run on it then back over to K&N ill let ya know the numbers :)
Thanks Gucci. I look forward to seeing what you pull.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
its not going to be 21hp i can assure you.

·
Premium Member
2,690 Posts
Noise is noise. I dig my Mopar, and have been in multiple other 6.1 LX's with the AH and AFE. I can't see/hear/feel a bit of difference between my setup and theirs.

For a piece of mind, I suppose the recommendation is correct based on the dyno's that were done during the Mods Faceoff. Enjoy the new found sounds from the intake! :fing02:

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
in a 4400lb pound car its really hard to feel 5-10 hp.

·
Premium Member
8,955 Posts
Bottom line is go with what you like the look and sound of!

The Air hammer looks the best, and "MIGHT" make a teensy bit more power (which I doubt) but it's the most expensive.

I read the whole battle of the CAI's back in the day and they did little to sway my decision. There's just too many variables to take into account and dyno runs varying by 5 HP are LLAAAAAUGHABLE!

After reading that the AFE did better I still went out and bought the Mopar one. it was cheaper (at the time) and looks better. AFE may be a little louder but whatever.

If I had to do it all over again I would've bought the Predator AFE combo because it makes more economical sense (they were $499 for both at one point) but it wouldn't have looked as good as the Mopar.

Buy for looks, sound, and price nothing more. Performance isn't anything to take into consideration.

·
Premium Member
2,690 Posts
If I had to do it all over again I would've bought the Predator AFE combo because it makes more economical sense (they were $499 for both at one point) but it wouldn't have looked as good as the Mopar.
What vendor has it at $499? Just curious! Thanks. :fing02:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts