Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently installed the Mopar 6.1 catback and I am very pleased. It was an enjoyable install and the sounds are sweet as expected. I have never heard the dreaded "drone" that many speak of, and did not exxpect to as my 2006 6.1 does not have MDS. There does appear to be a bit of resonance / drone for me at about 1600 RPMs, when accelerating very slowly from a stop. I'm like you... this situation I just described almost never happens as I tend to open up the HEMI every chance I get... Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this??? I used all of the tips / tricks that people have mentioned during the install and have no clearance or rubbing issues... Any comments would be appreciated...

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just installed the magnaflow on monday and on the highway i cant even hear it, which is a good thing, unless you get on it. I to have a drone round the same rpms but only if the car is under stress, like climbing a hill at a slow speed. I did however have to shim my crossbrace bout 1/2 in. so there would be no rub but the whole installation only took bout 30 mins and was pleasureable. I also love the sound its smooth but aggressive. Congrats on the install

1 - 2 of 2 Posts