Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

I love to read on the forums about everything but I don't have much time to post anything. Anyways, I thought I would describe my experiences with these two exhausts for my car to help someone out.

Basically, about three months ago, I bought a magnaflow cat-back and hi-flow cats for my csrt. I really liked it at first - the fit was great and they have such a muscular sound to them. However, about a week after the install, I had to remove the cross brace because the exhaust was hitting on it. Anyways, as time went on, the drone in the system got quite annoying.

I didn't mind the drone at first because I liked the sound soo much better than the stock set up. I quickly grew tired of it though and it wasn't just the drone that bothered me, all the bass coming from the sytem rattled various parts of the car and you could feel it vibrating the floorboards. It ruined the whole luxury theme of the 300 because it made the car feel unrefined.

I decided that I wouldn't be able to put up with that however long I am going to keep the car so I ended up reading alot of posts on the forums and my decision came down to the zoomers or the corsa / mopar catback. I decided to go with the mopar exhaust mainly because I found a really good deal on one up here in Canada and I read of a few people complaining about the drone of the zoomers.

I had the mopar cat back professionally polished (it looks sick - I will post pics) and installed yesterday. All I can say is WOW. I can't believe I didn't go this route in the first place - it's so perfect for these cars. Even with the hi flow cats, it's almost as silent as the stock exhaust below 2000 rpm. However, it gets really throaty (in a good way) above 2000 rpm and it's not at all loud on the highway where I cruise around 2200-2300 rpm. At WOT, this thing is downright WICKED. I can't believe how it can be soo quite, yet so loud at the same time. Also, as a bonus, there are no bad vibrations coming from the system and it's as smooth and refined as the stock system.

In comparison the magnaflow cat-back, it's about 2 times quieter cruising, but 2 times louder at WOT. I realized that the magnaflow system wasn't actually that loud, it just seemed loud because of all the drone. With the mopar system, you can actually tell how loud the exhaust is because there is no drone in the way. All you hear is clean, crisp 6.1 hemi. However, there are a few things I liked better about the magnaflow system. For one, it made the car sound really bada$$ - the mopar/corsa sound is high pitched and sounds weak in comparison. Also the fit on the corsa doesn't seem to be as good - the tips and mufflers don't tuck into the body quite as well.

Finally, there's one last thing I want to talk about - TORQUE. As soon as I had the magnaflows installed, I noticed a decline in low end torque as a result of the 3" piping. It got a little better after I installed a canned diablo tune. It definitly gave more top end but I hardly floor this car and the low end grunt was really important to me (I love feeling the engine pull from < 2000 rpm). Now with the mopar system installed, I feel I got back as much torque as the stock system provided - my car will only use 4th and 5th gears to accelerate on the highway onramps and she definitly pulls stronger now. I can't really tell if the top end is less now but it really doesn't feel like it.

Thanks for reading my LOOOOOOOONG post and I hope that I helped someone out with their decision. Feel free to PM me or ask questions. I realize that exhausts and sound are a subjective issue and different people have different tastes but I just wanted to share my experience and opinion.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Here's some pics of the system fully polished in my basement

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
i like the MORSA (Mopar/Corsa). you can imagine in my local car club we've got almost every type of exhuast represented. so i am able to talk to the owners about their likes/dislikes. i have not met one yet to dis the CORSA setup. there is one car with the CORSA catback and Magnaflow High-Flow cats. very well done.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's some pics I took just now of it on the car.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Looks really goos on car. I have been doing alot of reading as well, and I am also leaning towards the Corsa system. I have seen it on line ranging from $1200 -$1500. Is that about the going price?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks really goos on car. I have been doing alot of reading as well, and I am also leaning towards the Corsa system. I have seen it on line ranging from $1200 -$1500. Is that about the going price?
Thanks. Yeah, that's about the going price for them. The forum vendors may have it for a little cheaper.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Nice write up...when I eventually get to this mod I'll be going with the Corsa as well. I only want people to hear IT (including myself) at WOT.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Those are beautiful pipes. Did you get them from a Mopar dealer, Chrysler dealer or who?
Thanks Tinstar! I found them brand new online as a private sale and then I had them polished professionally.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Nice write up...when I eventually get to this mod I'll be going with the Corsa as well. I only want people to hear IT (including myself) at WOT.
As long as the weather holds out, I will be at a Mustang show in Coconut Creek this weekend. If you want to meet up there, and check it out. 6601 Lyons Road, Total Mustang Supply. Corner of Lyons Road and Johnson Rd

·
Registered
165 Posts
Guys .... Who can help me where i can't get the cheapest Corsa. Actually i found one by $ 1,237 last week.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Guys .... Who can help me where i can't get the cheapest Corsa. Actually i found one by $ 1,237 last week.
I think that's a pretty good deal. Does it include shipping?

·
Registered
188 Posts
nice

just ordered the corsa system, cant *********** wait!!
im trying to get 1 to, maybe we can get a group buy, from 1 of the venders:biggrin:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Kovict, you get them on now ?? whats the verdict ?? as you know I am waiting very patiently for mine !!

1 - 20 of 65 Posts