Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being new to this forum Im sure this topic has come up before, however doing some research on the two grilles the only drawback I see on the E&G ultimate is the emblem is permanent. Are there any decent photos of the Mopar Dub edition on any member's whips?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Here's one...........

the Dub grille is one sick freakin piece:naughty: looks identical to the infamous Strut if you ask me...

·
Registered
268 Posts
you can take the wings off the E&G Ultimate, they're just screwed on. I had the full size wings shaved down from a stock 300c grille and attached to the E&G Ultimate..

I really like the look of the Dub grille also but in the pics it looks a little bit more like chromed plastic similar to the stock grille rather than metal. I haven't seen one i person yet to tell for sure though, it might just be the way the pics were taken.

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow, that mopar DUB grille does look hot in those pics. Can it be ordered from th dealer at time of purchase? Or am I better off buying it off the web?

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have a DUB grille and let me tell you it is not a plastic peice of crap. It is probably one of the nicer grilles out there. I payed $550 for mine, but my friend works at Chrysler... The grille is extremely nice and look EXACTLY like the strut grille... If I were any of you I would much rather save up a few hundred more dollars and buy the DUB instead of an e&g.... I think they retail for somewhere are $900...

·
Banned
34 Posts
The Dub grille is a fine piece of craftmanship. It is ALL heavy metal, and I believe really looks awesome on the srt 8!

However, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and many grilles are available for this car, hence, many folks may simply like a different visual style.

IMO...pound for pound, the MOPAR "Dub" edition grille...is most likely the best grille for the $$$

but look, get another grille...seriously, we "Dubbies" can't have everyone hoping on the "Dub" train. Afterall, when that happens, there goes our little club of exclusivity :pat: :naughty:

·
Registered
63 Posts
DUB Grill

Village Idiot! said:
The Dub grille is a fine piece of craftmanship. It is ALL heavy metal, and I believe really looks awesome on the srt 8!

However, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and many grilles are available for this car, hence, many folks may simply like a different visual style.

IMO...pound for pound, the MOPAR "Dub" edition grille...is most likely the best grille for the $$$

but look, get another grille...seriously, we "Dubbies" can't have everyone hoping on the "Dub" train. Afterall, when that happens, there goes our little club of exclusivity :pat: :naughty:

Here are a few shots of mine with the DUB grill. Its the way to go. I bougth mine off ebay for 659.00
http://www.300cforums.com/forums/picture-media-post/14925-my-old-escalade-new-300c.html

·
Registered
268 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Guess it all gets down to what you like,and or, what you can afford. I personally, bought the E&G , put on the "Ostress" Full Wing, and am thrilled to death. And In My Opinion...My grill looks as good just fine..
But.. If I had it all to do over again, I'd gotten a different style grill,or kept my Custom original Grill ( Blacked out Verticles ). Seems that everybody and his brother has a Mesh Grill. JMO ..

·
Registered
56 Posts
There must be two grilles from Mopar, my dealerships GM has a black 300C that he put the "Mopar" grill on, and it does not look as clean as the pictures of the Mopar "Dub" grill I see posted here. Plus, they quoted me like $450 (retail) for the Mopar. It was all metal, but the mesh was cast, and was too thick for my tastes. For me, the $150 E&G classic mesh from Mr Big (thanks again man!) + the factory emblem (don't see how O Stress does it for $40, beleive me it is a tedious pain to do) looks better. But, I think that I have not seen the "Dub" grill.

Just be cautious as to which one you are getting so you are not disappointed, as i really think they have two different grills you can get.

Mr MoPar

·
Banned
34 Posts
MrMopar said:
There must be two grilles from Mopar, my dealerships GM has a black 300C that he put the "Mopar" grill on, and it does not look as clean as the pictures of the Mopar "Dub" grill I see posted here. Plus, they quoted me like $450 (retail) for the Mopar. It was all metal, but the mesh was cast, and was too thick for my tastes. For me, the $150 E&G classic mesh from Mr Big (thanks again man!) + the factory emblem (don't see how O Stress does it for $40, beleive me it is a tedious pain to do) looks better. But, I think that I have not seen the "Dub" grill.

Just be cautious as to which one you are getting so you are not disappointed, as i really think they have two different grills you can get.

Mr MoPar

There are INDEED...two MOPAR grilles available. You must specifiy you want the "Dub" edition grille, or they will automatically assume its the regular grille.

My dealer hadn't even HEARD of the "Dub" grille..they had to listen to me tell them there WAS one, and then watch them call Chrysler to find out :twak:

The service department will have the part# for you...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Grille Instalation

XxNoVaxX said:
I have a DUB grille and let me tell you it is not a plastic peice of crap. It is probably one of the nicer grilles out there. I payed $550 for mine, but my friend works at Chrysler... The grille is extremely nice and look EXACTLY like the strut grille... If I were any of you I would much rather save up a few hundred more dollars and buy the DUB instead of an e&g.... I think they retail for somewhere are $900...

I just bought the DUB Grille and made a visit to my local chysler dealership. I told them that i wanted to get the side molding removed and also get the grille installed, their manager said it will cost me $200 for all the work. I wast just wondering if its worth it and whether you installed the grille yourself? -Thanks

·
Registered
104 Posts
Usually around $700...

I wanted this grille, but now I'm thinkin the Stull Diamond Wire will satisfy me!

·
Registered
41 Posts
All these grills are nice, but what I notice on all of them is the fat border. Now this grill is killer! I mos def need to find this one!

I like how the border is way slim and the subtle bar down the middle. Now that's a Bentley grill!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Startech Grille

aniki said:
All these grills are nice, but what I notice on all of them is the fat border. Now this grill is killer! I mos def need to find this one!

I like how the border is way slim and the subtle bar down the middle. Now that's a Bentley grill!

Hi Aniki...

Just to make you aware that this Startech grille is made of plastic and the mesh is not interwoven in the same fashion as the T-Rex etc.

Geordie

1 - 20 of 21 Posts