Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought and installed the Mopar ipod integration kit.

It does not work with my 3rd Generation 8GB ipod Nano...However it works with the 4GB 3rd generation Nano, and i also tried an older 1GB ipod that worked...

Anyone know of any reason that my 8GB Nano doesn't work? I just spent $400 and it doesn't work with my car!!! :pat:

·
Registered
27 Posts
It might be one of 2 things. I think that some people are reporting that the firmware in the new iPods is causing sync issues (you'll see "Communicating with iPod" message forever) or the other issue is that you might have too many tracks stored on the iPod (try loading a small number of tracks on the iPod and see if it works... if it does then keep on adding tracks until it stops working then you'll know the max number you can use).

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My ipod is brand new. It only has 20 tracks on it.....It just says "Communicating with ipod", then "Connect ipod", and just keeps rebooting itself... I tried a 4Gig Nano with over 200 songs and it worked fine...

I called Mopar/Alpine Electronics Tech service and they were saying something about the firmware in the newer ipods, and that it's up to Apple to come out with a new firmware update to allow it to be compatible...

Maybe Apple is trying to make it harder to use aftermarket devices because they aren't making any money off it it.. Maybe Apple will come out with Car Specific applications and try to take over that market?

I called Apple Tech and they hadn't really heard of the problems with the integration kits, and just said to keep updating my Ipod...

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also lost my FM Pre-Sets...I won't let me save new Pre-Sets..

I read about this happening with the SAT pre-sets, but didn't know it would happen with the FM pre-sets...

·
Registered
27 Posts
You lose the FM presets everytime you connect the iPod? Only the SAT presets should be lost so it sounds like something is wrong with your module.

Also, have you tried to restore the iPod using an older version of the firmware?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How do I get the older version of the firmware?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hold down the "option" key on a Mac (or "shift" key on Windows I think) when you click the "Restore" button in iTunes. This will ask you to pick what firmware you want to load.

The trick is finding the old firmware package if you don't have a copy on your computer (but if you Google for your iPod model and "firmware restore" you can probably track something down... the new firmware seems to have broken lots of car adapters so there is lots of info out there).

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh well, I didn't want to go through all these missions, so I traded my 8GB Nano for a 4GB Nano with a coworker and it works fine!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts