Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Chrysler 300c AWD Hemi and it currently has a stock air intake on it. I have been finding myself trying to find similarities / differences between the Mopar Long Ram Cold Air Intake (Part # 77070029) and the Injen PF Cold Air Intake (Part # PF5061WB). From what I've found the Injen intake has +25 HP and +25 lb-ft of torque, the Mopar intake has Increased air flow by 20% with torque and HP up to 10 lbs. I was wondering if these intakes are similar and more of an esthetic choice or does one have a real increase of hp/torque?

·
Away From 300C Forum
19,587 Posts
I don't believe any manufacturer's power claims with a CAI. Since the internal combustion engine is basically an air pump, more air in + more air out + fuel/timing control are what really generate the increases. It all works as a system. It's like a 3-legged stool. If you remove one, or two, the stool don't work too well. :D

So I'd look past the claims (all the CAI's are gonna produce pretty much the same results) and find one that allows you to truly introduce some colder, outside, air into the engine. That sort of configuration really does make a difference.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Maddog! Any suggestions to point me in the right direction? I am leaning towards the Mopar because it has a metal elbow opposed to the Injen that looks like rubber.

·
Away From 300C Forum
19,587 Posts
I like the longer tubes for a several reasons.

1. The longer tube puts the filter in an area that makes is easy to remove and clean or replace.

2. Longer tube, with a larger opening at the filter end and a smaller opening at the throttle body end can assist with air flow.

3. A longer tube allows for a less radical bend in the pipe vs. some of the shorter tube unit's I've seen. Oh, and as far as the tube material, thermoplastic or PVC or CPVC is preferred over metal as it won't transfer as much heat into the intake air stream.

I'm referring to ones like my Legmaker carbon fiber "Air Hammer" unit:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts