Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if you are planning on lowering your 300 srt8 with the mopar lowering springs, be prepared to pay if you use a dealer. i inquired the other day about availability, install, etc. here's what i got:

"The spring kit that you are inquiring about is available from our New York warehouse and normally takes one day to arrive.
The price of the parts can be matched for you at $239.88, the labor to install will be $450.00 and the alighnment will be $179.00 for a total of $868.88 plus 6% sales tax."

the price match i guess was from the link on the speedlogix site so i could direct them to the right part. i am not sure what the labor/hr is but if around $110/hr that works out to 1 hr/spring. seems pretty high.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Total price is about right ... until you make the mistake of thinking about it. Does anything else go into this like rolling fenders?

·
Away From 300C Forum
19,587 Posts
The labor is about right. The rear is easy, the front a bit more difficult. $179 for an alignment? That borders on the absurd.

·
Registered
456 Posts
That's why I DIY lol, except the alignment though.

Reactions: tattoo

·
Registered
145 Posts
I had my local performance shop do the work on my car. They mounted and balanced my tires, aligned and put the mopar lowering springs on for $400.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Meow Mix,

I've been looking at these springs for my SRT8, and i was just wondering how much your body dropped, and whether it affected the ride comfort or not. I'm just trying to lower my car a little now that i've put 22" wheels on her but I don't want to scarifice too much of the smooth ride and reasonable handling.

Ben

·
Registered
38 Posts
Does the lowering springs affect the adjustable suspension settings at all? I.e. Normal, Sport and Track modes?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Does the lowering springs affect the adjustable suspension settings at all? I.e. Normal, Sport and Track modes?
The ride is firmer in all modes but nothing horrible

Reactions: MexicanBatman

·
Registered
38 Posts
Is it true the ride height will settle on a new car and drop approx half an inch over a few months?

If so, I might wait and see once it settles before making any lowering decisions.

·
Registered
562 Posts
It doesn't settle a whole bunch and lowering closes the gap really nice.

·
Registered
655 Posts
whats the part# for those springs?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Reactions: BAG-63D

·
Registered
655 Posts
"11-14 DODGE CHALLENGER R/T S/E LOWERING SPRINGS STAGE 1 MOPAR FACTORY OEM"
Thats what they come back as, so they work? They state NOT for srt8 hahahaha.

Does the ADS self level like the old rubbish shocks of the previous model 300c/srt?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Mopar posted that part number on their facebook page awhile back as the correct number for the SRT. I have them on my ;12 and no issues with anything (ADS, leveling headlights, ACC, etc)

·
Registered
655 Posts
So they rear shocks dont auto level like the old ones? Its purely ADS? .

1 - 20 of 37 Posts