Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

MOPAR lowering springs for srt8

38K views 36 replies 18 participants last post by  boosted1 
#1 ·
if you are planning on lowering your 300 srt8 with the mopar lowering springs, be prepared to pay if you use a dealer. i inquired the other day about availability, install, etc. here's what i got:

"The spring kit that you are inquiring about is available from our New York warehouse and normally takes one day to arrive.
The price of the parts can be matched for you at $239.88, the labor to install will be $450.00 and the alighnment will be $179.00 for a total of $868.88 plus 6% sales tax."

the price match i guess was from the link on the speedlogix site so i could direct them to the right part. i am not sure what the labor/hr is but if around $110/hr that works out to 1 hr/spring. seems pretty high.

#8 ·
Hi Meow Mix,

I've been looking at these springs for my SRT8, and i was just wondering how much your body dropped, and whether it affected the ride comfort or not. I'm just trying to lower my car a little now that i've put 22" wheels on her but I don't want to scarifice too much of the smooth ride and reasonable handling.

Ben

#10 ·
The ride is firmer in all modes but nothing horrible

Reactions: MexicanBatman
#11 ·
Is it true the ride height will settle on a new car and drop approx half an inch over a few months?

If so, I might wait and see once it settles before making any lowering decisions.

#12 ·
It doesn't settle a whole bunch and lowering closes the gap really nice.

#16 ·
whats the part# for those springs?

#17 ·
P5155436, retail is around $250 from the dealer.

Reactions: BAG-63D
#18 ·
"11-14 DODGE CHALLENGER R/T S/E LOWERING SPRINGS STAGE 1 MOPAR FACTORY OEM"
Thats what they come back as, so they work? They state NOT for srt8 hahahaha.

Does the ADS self level like the old rubbish shocks of the previous model 300c/srt?

#19 ·
Mopar posted that part number on their facebook page awhile back as the correct number for the SRT. I have them on my ;12 and no issues with anything (ADS, leveling headlights, ACC, etc)

#20 ·
So they rear shocks dont auto level like the old ones? Its purely ADS? .

#21 ·
So no one knows, great.
I will assume they DONT autolevel

#22 ·
No auto leveling, that was the Nivomats. The ADS is adaptive if not on or locked into firm if it's on.

#23 ·
Meow Mix, that's one of the best looking 300's I've seen. Absolutely Beautiful, mate.
A few questions, if you don't mind.
You mentioned that you had no problems with the rear ADS using the P5155436 springs. Have you had any problems since your last post?
I read that they aren't designed for load levelling, though. Does this mod void the warranty?
And what do you mean exactly by the rears are 'locked'? Do you mean when you are in sport or track mode they aren't adaptive?
Also, have you had much trouble scraping at that height? How about with 5 people?
I would like to lower mine the same height as yours, but heard on the forum that it's a major pain.
Thanks in advance!
Duane

#24 ·
I believe those mopar springs will work with adaptive suspension. I'd do my due diligence/research tho before I bought them. I have experience with Kings springs and Pedders, not with Mopar springs but I'd go for the mopar ones ahead of King any day.

Looks like you're the bunny Duane and we expect some good before and after pics. :D

#26 ·
Thanks to Meow Mix's advice, I've finally installed my P5155436 Mopar springs, and couldn't be happier! She handles beautifully and looks great! I haven't had it on the track yet, but I'm sure she'd handle well.

Buying the springs from the States saved me a bucket load too.

Duane

Attachments

#28 ·
Hi Maxsrt,

I just got the measuring tape out and the front has dropped 20ml and the back 10ml.

#30 ·
Hi Max,

Yes, I do have the Premium model, which has the ADS Bilstein suspension.
And no issues at all ;)

It's silly that the official Australian site differentiate the Core and Premium as 'Core' and 'SRT'. They are both SRT vehicles.

According to the official SRT American site, it's 'Core' and 'Premium'.

#31 · (Edited)
Max asked me how low the car was from the plastic scuff plate below the engine.
I did my best to measure from the lowest point of the long thin ridges below (see pic)
and I got about 8.8cms.

Attachments

#32 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.