Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

MOPAR lowering springs for srt8

38K views 36 replies 18 participants last post by  boosted1 
#1 ·
if you are planning on lowering your 300 srt8 with the mopar lowering springs, be prepared to pay if you use a dealer. i inquired the other day about availability, install, etc. here's what i got:

"The spring kit that you are inquiring about is available from our New York warehouse and normally takes one day to arrive.
The price of the parts can be matched for you at $239.88, the labor to install will be $450.00 and the alighnment will be $179.00 for a total of $868.88 plus 6% sales tax."

the price match i guess was from the link on the speedlogix site so i could direct them to the right part. i am not sure what the labor/hr is but if around $110/hr that works out to 1 hr/spring. seems pretty high.

#34 · (Edited)
I got Pedders suspension to install them. They installed the springs in 4 hours, and had no problem at all.
Cost me $520AUD to install with alignment.

And thanks, Gavin. I'm certainly interested in that!

#36 ·
getting ready to do the Mopar springs. but now i cannot find any for sale.

most places online, such as Speedlogix, and my local dealer, both have a "backorder status" for quite some time now. My dealer could not offer any other information on when they would be available.

I believe the part # is P5155436. I'll have to keep looking. hopefully sponsor on this site can chime in and offer their input on availability.

#37 · (Edited)
Has anyone installed the springs themselves yet?

Wanting to know the difficulty of installing them yourself is.

I've heard the fronts are a pain but that's what I read from what people have said after they take their car to a shop.

Also I've read somewhere where the car has to be "level" or something with the adaptive suspension will throw a code or not work properly. I apologize up front if this is a newb question, but if they're springs and they are from Mopar....wouldn't everything be to spec and you would just have to install, alignment, and go?

-James

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.