Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Mopar has the new cat-back exhaust kits in production now. They are allocating stock and should be released very soon. When we get more info, we will post it for you.

Some idea of MSRP's for these.

Magnum, and 300C (Hemi Magnum) - MSRP $899.00
Part # P4510855

The first image of the much anticipated 300C Mopar Performance Borla Cat-Back exhaust system.

From what we have been told, you can expect an 8 to 10 HP increase with this setup. It has a deeper mellow tone than the original systems. This system is suppose to be nearly identical to the upcoming SRT-8 exhaust system. We cannot wait to get our hands on one of these sets and install it just to hear it purrrrrrr!

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Incoming Stock

There are currently 159 In Transit to the parts distribution centers, and currently only 7 orders pending release. What this information means, is that within the next 2 weeks, these will be shipping to the dealers. I am sure that once the word gets out that this kit is available, a lot of dealers do not know it is currently, these will backorder quickly. So if this kit interests you, you may want to act quickly and get your order in.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We are not sure on the shipping costs yet, we need to get a box in first. I can assure you that we will find the least expensive way to ship these. Once we get a box, we can start quoting shipping charges based on customer zip codes.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Since Borla is building this exhaust will they also be building the SRT-8 exhaust? Wonder what the difference will be and if the SRT-8 version will work & sound good with 5.7 liter and MDS?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
From what we were initially told, this is the same exhaust as the SRT-8, or at maybe the same design in stainless. We won't know more until the SRT-8 is released and we can start comparing them.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Our kits we have on order are due in next week. As soon as they arrive, we will post the details about them and some actual pictures.

Magnum, and 300C (Hemi Magnum) - MSRP $899.00
Part # P4510855

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Our 300C and Hemi Magnum exhaust kits have started to arrive. Excellent looking product, very well built by the Borla company for Mopar Performance. Here are some pictures for you all to check out.

Complete Package

Dual resonators with Polished tips

Both resonators side by side looking down the throats.

Borla logo on each tip

3 3/4" high

4 1/4" wide "Oval Tips!!!"

·
Registered
265 Posts
E55, same here.. I live in MN and thought it would be useful, but so far we've had 2 days of snow all winter and even now there is none on the ground and it was 40 out today here.... Very strange, but I decided I don't live on roads that don't get plowed, so it's not a big deal...

·
Registered
549 Posts
OHH MAN! Did the cut outs in the back bumper not match correctly to the replacement? It looks like they are slightly inside of the cutouts?
If so that would be a huge bummer?!?!

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
kidcoastal said:
OHH MAN! Did the cut outs in the back bumper not match correctly to the replacement? It looks like they are slightly inside of the cutouts?
If so that would be a huge bummer?!?!
It just looks like he needs to re-align his resonators. They can be moved and rotated after just loosening a single bolt. I need to re-align mine after having driven it for a while now.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Sorry for the silly question but does that mean after you install the exhaust that you should have around 12 hp gain to the wheels? And with the header upgrade you can expect an additional 12 hp gain as well? Thanks for the education and patience.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This sounds close to what you can expect, although the 12HP gain on the cat-back may be a little on the high side. The added benefit of the long tube headers would be a significant and noticable in the seat of your pants improvement.
turbohips said:
Sorry for the silly question but does that mean after you install the exhaust that you should have around 12 hp gain to the wheels? And with the header upgrade you can expect an additional 12 hp gain as well? Thanks for the education and patience.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts