Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have this installed yet?

Any of our supporting vendors going to offer a group buy? Thanks!

Coilover suspension kits for 2005-2006 5.7L and 6.1L Hemi LX vehicles. Besides improving the overall looks of the vehicle, this coilover suspension kit will improve handling characteristics while not sacraficing ride quality.
Provides up to a 1 1/4" drop in ride height from the base SRT-8.
Improved ride and handling characteristics than any other available aftermarket suspension system.
Easy-adjust stainless steel impregnated compsite perches to suit specific driving needs.
INOX stainless steel technology provides superior protection against corrosion.
High quality high tensile racing springs.
Special ventilation and seal system.
Shortened struts for increased travel.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
crhemi said:
Whats the dif. between:
1. Eibac coilovers,
2. KW V2 coilovers
3. Mopar coilovers
The Mopar coilovers are reportedly manufactured for Mopar by KW, crhemi.. If the photos posted on the forums to date are accurate depictions, the Mopar units are, or are similar to, the KW Variant Ones, not the V2s.

As such they lack adjustable rebound damping, and use lighter duty coils than the more capable V2s.

I've not researched the Eibach coilovers.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Hey buddy

Meister said:
The Mopar coilovers are reportedly manufactured for Mopar by KW, crhemi.. If the photos posted on the forums to date are accurate depictions, the Mopar units are, or are similar to, the KW Variant Ones, not the V2s.

As such they lack adjustable rebound damping, and use lighter duty coils than the more capable V2s.

I've not researched the Eibach coilovers.

Glad to have you back in the saddle

How is everyhting?

Chas

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
chasb said:
Glad to have you back in the saddle

How is everyhting?

Chas
Great, my friend. :) PM sent.

·
Registered
842 Posts
well i also would like to know the thoughts on putting the mopar coilovers on the "c" srt...i bet at 1 1/4 inch drop you would be leaving some paint all over the place..whats the cost?

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
4herb2tas0tik said:
well i also would like to know the thoughts on putting the mopar coilovers on the "c" srt...i bet at 1 1/4 inch drop you would be leaving some paint all over the place..whats the cost?
It would appear they're cheaper purchased from KW, Herb. Group buy pricing on the more capable V2s has been around $1400.

You can check the KW web page for retail pricing. If memory serves the V1s run about $200 less than the V2s.

Several SRT8 owners are running the V2s.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Meister said:
It would appear they're cheaper purchased from KW, Herb. Group buy pricing on the more capable V2s has been around $1400.

You can check the KW web page for retail pricing. If memory serves the V1s run about $200 less than the V2s.

Several SRT8 owners are running the V2s.
aaa....thanx man iam gonna go do some reading...

·
Registered
1,418 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Meister said:
Here's a good starting place, Herb: http://www.kw-suspension.com/en/30_...300C&level=3&hersteller_1=CHRYSLER&gruppe=all

Retail on the Variant 1s is $1475, vice $1795 for the Variant 2s.

The $200 difference I listed was probably based on my best guess for a group buy price of $1200 for the KW V1s.

To each his own, but for me going with the KW Variant 2s was a total no-brainer. :)
Thanks for the info, Jim:) After doing some reading comparing the products, it looks like V 2's are the way to go.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts