Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We now have in stock the Mopar Performmmance lowering springs. I will be able to open a box and take pictures and give any further details available on either Friday or Monday(2-18-05). According to the catalog they fit the C model and R/T models only. And rear whel drive only as well.

I am sorry but I do not have any further information right now.

Order here

·
Registered
627 Posts
what is the big restriction of these springs on a awd. has any one done or even tried it before. I dont mind buying these and trying them out. One more thing will i loose my warranty as i am an awd probably rwd wont loose theirs because this is genuine mopar product built for rwd 300c.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
300CAWD said:
what is the big restriction of these springs on a awd. has any one done or even tried it before. I dont mind buying these and trying them out. One more thing will i loose my warranty as i am an awd probably rwd wont loose theirs because this is genuine mopar product built for rwd 300c.
The AWD has a completely different suspension design, including spring rates, tension, shocks, control arms, knuckles, etc. It is taken from the previous gen E-class AWD.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Northern Rider said:
The AWD has a completely different suspension design, including spring rates, tension, shocks, control arms, knuckles, etc. It is taken from the previous gen E-class AWD.

NOOOOOO, are u serious,

Any ways, does any know the status on eibach building pro springs for AWD owners. I heard one of the members here talk about it. But i guess u guys should know the status, that i mean northern.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
300CAWD said:
NOOOOOO, are u serious,

Any ways, does any know the status on eibach building pro springs for AWD owners. I heard one of the members here talk about it. But i guess u guys should know the status, that i mean northern.
Yes, 300CAWD. I am always serious when talking about components. Your employer, DCX, built the AWD as a 4 door 4X4 sedan. They created high ground clearance, and use quite a different drive train setup from the RWD. Ford have done a similar thing with the 500. It's designed to sell to a limited market that wants high ground clearance and lots of traction - folks who live in rural areas with mud and snow to contend with. Some city people will buy this version just for the added safety.

As to performance mods; lowering; large wheels - etc. there won't be much of an aftermarket for this model, IMO. Better to go with the 300C or the 300C SRT-8.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Model 57 said:
Randar; So how much do you think that they lowered your ride? Enquiring minds; (OK, I) want to know.
1 inch in the front and no adjustment in the rear
here are the front comparisons

and the rear

now it looks like the rears have actually were raised but they have since settled to the same height. The spring rate is much tighter though

·
Registered
627 Posts
Northern Rider said:
Yes, 300CAWD. I am always serious when talking about components. Your employer, DCX, built the AWD as a 4 door 4X4 sedan. They created high ground clearance, and use quite a different drive train setup from the RWD. Ford have done a similar thing with the 500. It's designed to sell to a limited market that wants high ground clearance and lots of traction - folks who live in rural areas with mud and snow to contend with. Some city people will buy this version just for the added safety.

As to performance mods; lowering; large wheels - etc. there won't be much of an aftermarket for this model, IMO. Better to go with the 300C or the 300C SRT-8.
Great,
Alright i bought this mainly for safety. What is the biggest obstruction though for dropping an inch. What happens if u drop an inch, i mean they created a rwd with some cleareance right u guys dropped those no problems atleast for most of the people who done it. But whats so wrong with AWD.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
300CAWD said:
Great,
Alright i bought this mainly for safety. What is the biggest obstruction though for dropping an inch. What happens if u drop an inch, i mean they created a rwd with some cleareance right u guys dropped those no problems atleast for most of the people who done it. But whats so wrong with AWD.
There is nothing wrong with an AWD. It can be dropped if someone makes the springs, however, I doubt someone will make the springs. Maybe someone will make them in the future. The AWD is going to need a 2" drop.

·
Registered
580 Posts
NO DROP IN THE REAR!!!!! urgh now I need to call my guy & figure something out. I eventually want to go to that sweet KW? setup but figured the mopar's would do for now.. but with just a 1" front drop and nothing at the rear.. why even bother?

$240 is a lot of beer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts