Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mopar Performance is on the verge of releasing the new performance lowering springs for the 300C. The Mopar Performance PT# P4510854 should be available in the very near future. As we can dig up some information regarding these, I will post it in this thread.

Ted

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Updated information:

The Mopar Performance lowering springs pricing has been released.

PT# P4510854 - List $225.00 - MPSC $185.90

There is currently no stock yet, but they can be ordered. Heres your chance to be one of the first to get the Mopar lowering springs for your 300C or Magnum.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Ted,
Any idea on manufacturer and how low front/rear the drop is?

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
5point7 said:
Ted,
Any idea on manufacturer and how low front/rear the drop is?
I think they are being made by Eibach, or maybe K&W. I will have to see what I can find to verify this info. I can say they will be top quality products, Mopar Performance hasn't let me down yet. As far as drop goes, we think, and we need to verify this, that it is around a 24mm drop, aprox 1". I don't think the car could handle much more for daily driving.

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
I think they are being made by Eibach, or maybe K&W. I will have to see what I can find to verify this info. I can say they will be top quality products, Mopar Performance hasn't let me down yet. As far as drop goes, we think, and we need to verify this, that it is around a 24mm drop, aprox 1". I don't think the car could handle much more for daily driving.
The Eibachs were 1.6" (and another more aggressive version of 2"). Another model with only a 1" drop will be a welcome option.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
I think I will have to wait for the springs/dampers off the 300C SRT-8. They are only a .50" drop. For a daily driver I can't see more than a 1" drop and this is too keep the car from scraping. This car needs a 2" drop for the wheel wheeps but only a .50 drop for the botton of the car. So an either/or compromise will have to be made.

Even the 300C SRT-8 has excessive wheel well gap.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
If these are "Mopar" Springs, I bet the drop is going to be very conservative like on the SRT-8 - about .50".

·
Registered
887 Posts
I'd consider the .5 drop up to 3/4 inch, and would not even consider much more for the C. It's my daily driver. They will improve handling with the higher spring rates even with a conservative drop.
I have 1.5 drop on my 94 Mustang GT (not a daily driver) and I hit EVERYTHING, speed bumps, any driveway with any kind of incline etc. It's a PITA because I end up driving to avoid the road (I've even bottomed it on the freeway doing 60mph just by the normal freeway dips with 4 people in the car!! Scared the LIGHTS out of me it was so loud)...and if there is new pavement going in and the sewers are sticking up, better find a detour. Anything more than 1 inch is just too much IMO on the daily drivers.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
E55 KEV said:
If these are "Mopar" Springs, I bet the drop is going to be very conservative like on the SRT-8 - about .50".
I think you may be correct in this assumption. The last conversation I had with Mopar revealed that the engineers were not completely pleased yet. They were making some minor modifications before releasing it to the public. I got the impression that they may be lowering the amount of drop to something less than 1". As I find out more, I will keep you all posted.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
These are still on backorder, and they are not showing an expected ship date yet.
We have several of these on order, and I will try to keep you all informed when they arrive.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes they are, the 300C has a heavier front end due to the added engine weight. The springs would be slightly heavier than the base model 300's.

·
Registered
974 Posts
ted, what is the best setup for a base model with 22"s? The mopar frop, or do you think it can handle the 1.6" drop? i really want to lower my car, but i dont know if mine could handle it.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I cannot honestly answer your question as far as which way to go. We have not got the Mopar spribgs in, and I have yet to see a vehicle with them on it. I cannot say the drop will be less than the 1.6" factually, we are under the impression it will be less based off of some feedback from Mopar. They did not specifically say they will be less, but we heard they were not happy with the current setup and they were reworking them a bit. Again the amount of drop you go will really play a role in the areas your drive in, some driveways already cause the undercarraige to scrape without a dropped suspension. You should pay attention to entrances, exits, and speed bumps that may be on your everyday paths of transportaion. This could help you decide just how much lower your car could stand and continue to be a daily driver. (With that statement the air bagged systems really gain appeal)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts