Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are many threads and posts concerning Mopar's remote start. I figured that I'd start a new one concerning the 'fix'.

This has been posted by another member but it seems that others have not seen it so hopefully all will catch this.

I PM'ed our good friend PLMRob(thank you Rob for responding)and he stated that there was some software issues that have been fixed.

Let your dealers know that the corrections have been made.
I'll be doing mine at the next oil change.

·
Registered
448 Posts
What is the fix?

Your right, there has been quite a few posts. However, I am still not aware of what the "fix" is....upgraded software that's part of the car or part of the hardware components of the remote start kit? Somebody even posted a part number which I need to find and research. It would be great if it just snapped into the remote start components.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Frank,

I'm sorry... I meant to put that in...

Rob explained, as you stated, that some code was "deleted" in the beginning. I'm not sure where Q/C was but that's for dcx to figure out.

My guess is the chip has the code.

·
Registered
86 Posts
does the mopar remote start work with your stock keyless entry controller?

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
tekhen said:
Frank,

I'm sorry... I meant to put that in...

Rob explained, as you stated, that some code was "deleted" in the beginning. I'm not sure where Q/C was but that's for dcx to figure out.

My guess is the chip has the code.
Any word on if any 'new' units have to be purchased and then 'upgraded' or has this actually been corrected so the units are ready 'out of the box'? Any manufacturing date of these remote starts to keep track of?

Thanks!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
300 on 22s said:
does the mopar remote start work with your stock keyless entry controller?
No, there is an additional one button fob that comes with the RS unit.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jjs said:
Any word on if any 'new' units have to be purchased and then 'upgraded' or has this actually been corrected so the units are ready 'out of the box'? Any manufacturing date of these remote starts to keep track of?

Thanks!
We'll have to ask PLRob about it.
The way that I understood his PM was that the correction has been made and that units shipped have the fix but I did not ask for the dates.

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
tekhen said:
We'll have to ask PLRob about it.
The way that I understood his PM was that the correction has been made and that units shipped have the fix but I did not ask for the dates.
OK, thanks! You gonna 'talk' to him soon or should I try PM?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts