Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, Just wondering how many of you are thinking of going to Mopar Sunday @ Willowbank in July.
I went last year and was one of only 4 300s there. (my first run [email protected])
There is a lot of old school muscle and a few new, Dynosteve might even give the old school a run for their money in the dyno shoot out.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I am planning on going again. I was one of the other racing 300cs there last year as well and it was a great day. While there were only 4 300c's in the drags there was another 5/6 there watching :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
I will come along.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am planning on going again. I was one of the other racing 300cs there last year as well and it was a great day. While there were only 4 300c's in the drags there was another 5/6 there watching :)

Hi Pusbum, just realised we met last year, i have the silver srt that raced there last year. there is a photo of us lined up read to race on mopar sunday website. the new wheels look awsome!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Yeah I just figured it was probably you when you started this thread :)

Good to see you car is going well and you will get to spank me by even more this year by the looks of it :)

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I think these are the pics you are talking about :)

I didn't keep a copy of the next picture where you fly past me :)

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
There was no "trying" about it. I had about 0.65 head start and he flew straight past :)

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
That should be good then. Last year was great but a bit more backing can't hurt :)

How is it you know this In the know? Based on the other posts you have made today I am assuming you either work for a dealer or Chrysler?

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
I might try and get up there for this. Do you have exact dates and details??

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Would be great to see you up here :)

Looks like it will be on July 27th this year. There is an official website but it only has a brief mention of this years event.

Mopar Sunday - Australia's No. 1 Chrysler Event

The organiser is Sam Tatton and his details are below. Here is an extract from the websites main page:

Remeber - Mopar Sunday 2008 is on July 27th, 2008.
Willowbank Dragstrip - Qld.

All Aussie and US Mopars are invited to come and participate in Australia's No. 1 'All Mopar' Event.
This year will again include Drag Racing, a Show & Shine hosted by the Qld Chrysler Association a Swapmeet and the Dyno Shootout.

Information & Entry Details:
Racing Entries $55.00
Show & Shine / Swapmeet / Spectator Entries all $20.00
Children 13 and under free!
Dyno Shootout $35.00
Gates Open at 7.00 for swapmeet and 8.00 for car preparation.
Racing 9.00 - 3.00.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I might try and get up there for this. Do you have exact dates and details??
Willowbank raceway will have the appropriate paperwork for whichever events you're entering in, IIRC. And we need some supercharged SRT-8 might to represent the 'modern Mopars'! Last year was dominated by oldskool Chargers and Challengers. Even a Viper R/T 10 didn't gander much attention on the strip in comparison.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Guys, was going to give you a heads up for this years event, but you beat me to it.

As stated this years event is on July 27 and once again held at Willowbank Dragstrip. Entry forms can be downloaded from the site for drag racing. Spectators and Show & Shine entrants - no need to pre-register.

Mopar Sunday - Australia's No. 1 Chrysler Event

We are going to have more trophies for modern mopars this year, still working it out exactly. Hopefully there will be more modern mopars on the track!

Cheers, Sam.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Hey Sam welcome back :)

I will again be one of the modern MOPARs on the track :) You going to hit it with the fully loaded Jeep.....eskie and all?

Are you able to be in the show and shine and in the drags?

I am looking forward to another great day :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hopefully Coming Without The Missus & Kids So I Can Stay All Day This Year.
There Should Be A Few Of Us Central Qldrs Like Last Year, I Was Hoping To Have My Challenger Ready For It This Year But Havent Had The Time To Work On It, Will Have To Make Do With The Srt

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey Sam welcome back :)

I will again be one of the modern MOPARs on the track :) You going to hit it with the fully loaded Jeep.....eskie and all?

Are you able to be in the show and shine and in the drags?

I am looking forward to another great day :)
Ill be on the track with the jeep and viper like last year! I ran a 12.6 in the viper which wasnt my best - im trying to get under 12.2. The jeep on the other hand - i dont think that esky will make any difference ;-)

Yes, you can enter both the drags and show and shine, when your not racing just park your car in/near the show and shine area for people to see so they can cast a vote if they wish.

Im sure this year will be bigger and better!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Coming Soon!!

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to remind any of you that were thinking about racing or entering the dyno comp for Mopar Sunday to get your entries in now as positions are filling quickly.

Look forward to seeing many of you on the day!!

We have Four 300C's registered for drag racing already, a few with some serious muscle!!:) :) :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts