Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone hope you are all stayin healthy. I was wondering if someone can help me out. I bought a Mopar Performance tcm from a member on this site that I will not mention because I don't like to embarass people. It was said to be new but did not include the original box or packaging. So I got it, I unplugged the battery from the car, installed the tcm, plugged the battery back in, and turned the car on. I then took the car out and did the full learn procedure and drove around. Basically noticed that not a thing was different. No better shifts, no gear hold at wot, nothing. So then I read the tcm tune with HPtuners and noticed that there were no performance differences between this tcm and my stock one. Only differences were some minor cold temp/warmup differences. So in a nutshell, no performance changes at all. Also noticed that the os in the tune did not match the sticker on the tcm and when I googled it it came up as a standard replacement tcm not a Mopar performance one.

I confronted the seller and he won't do anything for me and doesn't want to give me my money back either. Even accused me of tampering with the tcm. Complete jerk.

Anyways, if there is anyone on here with HPTuners who has a Mopar performance tcm, would you mind reading it for me and emailing it to me? Below is the link to my post over on HPtuners forums showing the picture of the tcm and a picture of the matching serial number in the tune itself on the computer to show its mine. So far nobody on there has a Mopar tcm.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
673 Posts
If that TCM works at all for you, with your HP Tuner you can make it work "almost" as good as the MPTCM.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The tcm does work it just works exactly like stock. How would I make it be like a Mopar tcm? I'm not really sure what fields to edit to get it there.... at some point this was a Mopar tcm but it was overwritten by someone with a stock file from a 2007+ egs53 tcm. Mines an 06 and came with the egs52.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Mine's an 06 SRT8 and I've been messing (off and on) for a couple months with the shift schedules and other settings. It's time consuming because I only make one or two changes at a time and then see how it works. Don't want to do too many at a time and get lost on what works and what doesn't. I've found the easiest way to do it with the HP Tuner (not an easy thing to learn, IMO) is to graph the stock shift schedules (up and down shift) and then start "experimenting." Most important thing is to back everything up before starting so you can go back and start over if you need to. I am just about there, as I have everything the way I want it, except on a forced down shift from 3rd or 4th to 1st at about 45 mph, it acts like it hits the rev. limiter (bog and shift) on the 1-2 shift, even though the rev limiters (engine, trans. torque converter) are set higher than what it shifts at. The normal 1-2 WOT up shift works fine, so it has to be something to do with the forced down shift. I'll eventually figure it out though.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I can see it taking lots of time to figure this out.... thats why I was really hoping someone can help me restore this mopar tcm i have to its original state so i dont have to go through all that but no luck yet.

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
Willing to bet money the last owner had a tuner and inadvertently flashed his base TCM tune.... Happens... Quick way to stock out a MTCM.

Contact AJHemituner on LXF and he may be able to flash it out for you. Is it a 5.7 or 6.1 MTCM?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
673 Posts
Willing to bet money the last owner had a tuner and inadvertently flashed his base TCM tune.... Happens... Quick way to stock out a MTCM.

Contact AJHemituner on LXF and he may be able to flash it out for you. Is it a 5.7 or 6.1 MTCM?

I'll second that, but the P.O. would almost have had to have an HP Tuner to do it. Don't think you can do it with any other hand held or over the counter tuner. With the HPT it's an absolute must to back everything up BEFORE tinkering with any of the settings. Real easy to get badly screwed up in a big hurry.

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
I'll second that, but the P.O. would almost have had to have an HP Tuner to do it. Don't think you can do it with any other hand held or over the counter tuner. With the HPT it's an absolute must to back everything up BEFORE tinkering with any of the settings. Real easy to get badly screwed up in a big hurry.
Actually pal you could overwrite a MTCM with a Predator back in 07... Even switching quick adjust settings can cause problems, if you up shift points etc and it does a full write then you bricked it to a stock file. Any Diablo tool or HP tuner will wipe it if not treated properly...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
this is a 6.1 mtcm i have here

·
Registered
181 Posts
Actually pal you could overwrite a MTCM with a Predator back in 07... Even switching quick adjust settings can cause problems, if you up shift points etc and it does a full write then you bricked it to a stock file. Any Diablo tool or HP tuner will wipe it if not treated properly...

If the PO took it to a dealer can't they accidentally reset it back to a stock tune also?

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
If the PO took it to a dealer can't they accidentally reset it back to a stock tune also?
Correct... If they do a factory update the flash will write it over again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts