Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when I got my new car last week there was a paper label attached to the headrest telling me not to use leather conditioners etc, but to wipe seats with a damp cloth and to use Mopar total clean to remove marks etc, on reading the handbook it mentions other mopar products to clean trim/carpets etc.

now I know they will always say to use their own products and other products are just as good but I would like some "total clean" to use on the seats when I need it.

having googled I cannot find 1 place in the UK that sells it, admittedly I havent actually asked the dealer yet, but anyone know where to buy this stuff in the UK ?

regards

elpirata

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thabks joey ordered it at the dealer, apparently there is only 1 bottle available in the whole of the UK !

regards

elpirata

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
I use that Autoglym stuff,it hasnt done any damage to my seats,I also used it on my wifes Fiat Barchetta which has better quality leather(hate to say it)than the "C"

·
Registered
519 Posts
I've been using Maguiars for the last 4 years...and it comes from the same side of the pond as the Mopar stuff.

·
Registered
841 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
I use that Autoglym stuff,it hasnt done any damage to my seats,I also used it on my wifes Fiat Barchetta which has better quality leather(hate to say it)than the "C"
I'd be supprised if a lil Italian sports car didn't have better quality leather than the 'Poor mans leather' in our C's. Did you realise it only the centre panel that leather, not the whole seat? even the bolsters are vynyl, that dont impress me much....
:grouphug:

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
I'd be supprised if a lil Italian sports car didn't have better quality leather than the 'Poor mans leather' in our C's. Did you realise it only the centre panel that leather, not the whole seat? even the bolsters are vynyl, that dont impress me much....
:grouphug:
thats funny,cos my seats are leather,even the bolsters,the only part thats not leather are the parts underneath/side where you cant really see them unless you really look for them

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,097 Posts
On my seats it's only the centre panel that is true leather, the sides look like they are, but on close examination you can see they are vinyl.

Stef

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
it may be because I have the hemi,cos the hemi comes with all the toys standard,maybe???????,but my seats are definateley all leather.I'll go and have another look in a min

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,097 Posts
I reckon you'll be disappointed Ray, the seats are the same in the CRD as the Hemi, look closely at the 'grain', you'll see what we mean.

Stef

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
aha I see where you mean now,you mean the side panels where the seat bolster lever is,and so is the centre back seat.Its a very close match though,wouldnt you say.I would have never have known this and now you have made me paranoid about it.lol.Not really,I'm joking,I still love my car no matter what

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,097 Posts
The only parts that are leather are literally the flat inset panels that your arse sits on and the back panel with the embossed logo, side bolsters, sides, back, headrests and leg bolster panels are all pvc!

Stef

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
I've just had another look and the whole of the backrest and seat including bolsters and leg bolsters are definateley leather,the sides,headrest and rear of seat are pvc.I can clearly see the cracks in the leather on the bolsters where my ass has been when I get in and out.I'll take some pics to show you

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
I took a couple of pics,might not be too clear but you can see the crack lines in the bolster(I hope you can lol)

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,097 Posts
I'll double check mine when I get a chance and we'll compare.

Stef

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
Ok cheers,my bolsters are deffo leather,I hope yours are too

1 - 20 of 41 Posts