Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IL Insider: Supercharger Coming for 2009 Dodge Challenger

I thought about adding this to the other Challenger thread, but figured it was important enough that it should have its own thread. Since the first batch of Challenger SRT8s is the same automatic transmission on our cars, we should be able to assume that the supercharger will work on ALL SRT8 vehicles, right? That is is not limited to the 6 speed, because that isnt out yet. I dont know if HAL and all that other nonsense is different on the challengers, but this is definitely something the SRT engineers should be able to answer, once it actually releases, and hopefully is something that can be helped with the diablo. I know there are superchargers out already, but im kind of assuming that the Mopar one will jive with our warranties.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Sounds great but I'll believe it when I see it. And yes, it will probably be compatible with both autos and 6Ms ASSUMING it's true and actually makes it to the market, CARB legal.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Don't count on it NOT affecting your warranty. You can buy Mopar heads for your 6.1L and kiss your warranty goodbye (for the engine at least)...

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
That's so stupid...if MOPAR's selling it, they should cover it. That's the only reason I could come up with to buy their product...if I'm voiding my warranty, I might as well go elsewhere. Buying from them should mean it's safe enough for them to warrant.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Two years ago, MOPAR came out with a Stage 2 package with heads/cams for the 5.7 hemi. I looked into the package thinking that everything would still be covered under warranty, especially if installed by my dealership. Turns out it wasn't, I wouldn't hold my breath on this either...

·
Registered
55 Posts
the parts themselves would be warrantable for a limited time.. but if you blow your motor due to the parts... kiss that warranty goodbye

1 - 6 of 6 Posts