13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here you go Brian.....

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
Northwest300C,

Thanks for the pix. Good shots of the car, but a WHITE Hemi engine cover???, I know that a few of the owners of the "C" had the cover custom painted and/or appliqued to match the exterior color of the car, but the color of the cover should originally have been black not white. But...At least there is a 1:18 scale model to put on our desktops or wherever we have our diecast collections to compliment the actual cars that sit in our driveways and garages. The interior detail shot looks good, Maisto did a great job reproducing the tortoiseshell accents on the steering wheel and the overall look of the interior that we all would like to spend alot of time in (if we could :D) It would be interesting if several of the other good diecast model companies release a 300 just for comparison and to see how far the detail can go....Can anyone say "Franklin Mint"..I knew you could..HA HA, LOL!..Looks good Northwest, can't wait to get mine soon.

Sincerely yours,

Brian T. Carotenuto

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brian....

the cover is actually a light gray....but i wondered as well why they left some details out.....i guess it was a cost issue....i think this is to date the best diecast version of a stock 300C....better than those 1/34 versions from the Chrysler collection.....i did recently purchase a 1/18 version of the 2005 Ford Mustang GT made by AutoArt....now this car is really detailed....even the trunk is lined with felt....and so it should be for $ 100 cdn... :eek:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Northwest300C,

I have a few AutoArt 1:18ths in my collection as well. I have the V12 VW Phaeton and the Maybach 57 and 62 LWB. The Maybachs are very detailed and probably the most expensive in my 1:18 scale collection. (I purchased these three models from Exoticar Model Company while I was visiting NYC last year.) I don't have any pictures of the Phaeton or the Maybachs to share, but the Phaeton that I have is silver and the Maybachs have a two-tone paint scheme. The 62 is Silver/Charcoal and the 57 is Brown and Champagne. It's kinda hard to describe the colors of the 57 accurately without seeing it in person. The 62 was a limited release that AA did for one of the German auto shows. (One of my favorites in my collection, because it reminds me of a little limousine) Happy to share more of my collection.

Brian T. Carotenuto

1 - 4 of 4 Posts