Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
How are those installed? Is the entire seat upholstery replaced? Or is this simply slipped/installed over the existing leather? What does something like this cost?

Looks VERY nice BTW!!!

JFF:D

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
JustForFun said:
How are those installed? Is the entire seat upholstery replaced? Or is this simply slipped/installed over the existing leather? What does something like this cost?

Looks VERY nice BTW!!!

JFF:D
They have to be removed and the piece replaced, not an easy job but can be done. For reference we would charge at least $500 labor if one brought the seats out of the car.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Wow, that looks very classy. I'm very interested in this mod but need to find a good shop up here that can handle this kind of work. One shop I spoke to said it might be a problem because the 300C has heated seats but i've seen many cars with custom inserts that have heated seats.

·
Registered
193 Posts
stupid question but I see that the center seat belt is still there. no need for that right? I know this takes a lot of work and time. so don't give me hell for this.

I get too much of that on my other car with my car audio install. with a waterfall and an amp rack out of bumper 2', alot of fiberglass.

i would like to say wes great job so far and keep up the good work.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
300Con23s said:
Wow, that looks very classy. I'm very interested in this mod but need to find a good shop up here that can handle this kind of work. One shop I spoke to said it might be a problem because the 300C has heated seats but i've seen many cars with custom inserts that have heated seats.
I don't know of any probs w/ heat...eh Aspendog?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wesexcellence said:
I just went and tested my seats...no noticeable problems...my butt got hot just like before. It was 84 today so I don;t think I'll be using mine anytime soon.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Sounds good, are you actually going sell kits like aspen or is this just a personal project?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
300Con23s said:
Sounds good, are you actually going sell kits like aspen or is this just a personal project?
I'm gonna leave that to AD. Not really what we do on a daily basis. Like he said...alot of work. We kinda do alot of stuff really well...but mostly on a car to car basis.

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
wesexcellence said:
No problems w/ the heat it is just an element that is glued to the foam. You can actually add heat to the rears if one wanted.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Wes, that looks amazing, exactly what I have planned for my girl...

You should get the Armrest Cover from AD, that armrest looks especially out of place now that the seats have the dark suede in them...

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
415_300C said:
Wes, that looks amazing, exactly what I have planned for my girl...

You should get the Armrest Cover from AD, that armrest looks especially out of place now that the seats have the dark suede in them...
Thinkin about it...my computers came in today, so that will keep us busy for awhile with the fingerprint identity siftware and other stuff.

·
Registered
173 Posts
sweet wes! I'm planning a 10" touchscreen Computer in my car once I get through phase 2 of the audio install (MB Quart QSDs and the finishing the trunk with displaying amps & sub).

you seem to have a great idea with the fingerprinting, especially if you tie it into the ignition of the car.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
415_300C said:
sweet wes! I'm planning a 10" touchscreen Computer in my car once I get through phase 2 of the audio install (MB Quart QSDs and the finishing the trunk with displaying amps & sub).

you seem to have a great idea with the fingerprinting, especially if you tie it into the ignition of the car.
Post some pics of your install...we'd all like to see. We are playing w/ voice commands through bluetooth and fingerprint identity w/ level control. I f successful, it should be pretty cool.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I will. Its up at the shop now getting the 12W7 and JL 1000 installed in a box thats also got to take into account our next step with the QSDs and other things, so i'll take pics once i get her back tomorrow night with her naked nonfinished box...

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
415_300C said:
I will. Its up at the shop now getting the 12W7 and JL 1000 installed in a box thats also got to take into account our next step with the QSDs and other things, so i'll take pics once i get her back tomorrow night with her naked nonfinished box...
Looks like I have to give her up this weekend. It will be hard not driving her for over a month...but hopefully the end result will be worth it. At least I can look at her in my bay everyday.
I sound like I lost my dog!!!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
I don't know whether I'm willing to lose her for a month so i'm opting for the 3 phased install. Hopefully I can time all the work with events where I will be out of town or something and not wanting/needing to drive the car, then it will be like i never even had to give her up! good luck with your endeavor wes, it seems like you've got a little more planned than I do!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
hey wes, im doin suede inserts as well but just question... you know how you slide accross the leather, when you get the suede, do u find it catches your clothes a lot, like grips them, or is it pretty smooth?

·
Registered
351 Posts
lookin good... i gotta save some money so that i can do some mods to the ole 300.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts