Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, you saw the valve covers done last week, and I had the half covers off the SRT engine. I was not liking the look but I also had them painted like 3 colors I did not like. First a deep purple black, then blue then silver. This time a found a color I am really liking. Its not silver, not grey not blue - its like a metallic medium blue grey.

I really am looking forward to seeing it with the coil packs painted, I always hated having them a different color than the valve covers. And the factory crap black plastic looks dirty and nasty to me. The coils are very simple to remove, just 2 10mm bolts each, then unplug and pull.

Here are some pics, the packs are almost done being painted, then cleared should be ready tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Very nice..Love that color..

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a lil light, but I really like it. I wanted something to contrast the dark blue I have in here already.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone have suggestions about the air intake? Paint it the same? Or Black? Or silver? Or leave it?

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool! More fun summer mods to put on my list. :) :) I'm curious if you could post your process for painting them. Did you scuff them before?
1. Remove all the parts.
2. sanded lightly on the top of the pack only with a paint prep sand block from autozone.
3. used red scotch brite and a lil water to sand the smaller areas, and little turns.
4. dried very good.
5. TAPE everything u dont want painted, like the rubber that leads to the spark plugs, the electrical connections, and I taped off the back where it was a different finish it was shiny and something told me not to paint there LOL. Also put some tape in the threads to be sure not to gum them up!
6. Used 2 coats of adhesion promotor again from autozone Duplicolor goes on clear and allows the bight into the paint and the plastic.
7. painted 2 -3 coats there are many colors to chooses
8. 2-3 coats clear.

DONE! all told the packs took me make 3 hours.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
...I'd leave that alone, looks fine now.
But..I would paint the Fuse Box cover
-same BLUE you already used..
Just My Opinion...:pat:
Stan

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you Stan...

I will do thet tonight actually!

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Maybe the Strut Covers...?
hmmmm..up to you..
Mine's not as colorful as yours.
Stan

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
New AFE intake will be here soon. I had a new Tube, So I painted that up getting ready for it to drop in! Also painted the battery cover, but not the strut covers. I think they blend better in the silver.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you!

Hey since we are on the topic of engine bays. Does anyone know if glassbeeding the intake manifold (just the top) will remove the rough texture, and the paint, so I can paint it? Has anyone done this?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Very clean looking! Did you sell the GSM covers you used to have? Also, have you considered polishing the bolts for the coil packs?

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I sold the gs covers

And those bolts will be replaced by stainless allen head buttons

·
Registered
309 Posts
I know this is super old but my srt is garages for months and this would be perfect to do in the mean time. Can you post the pics up again please?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts