Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am always getting fits while leaving my SRT at the dealer for service.
But today left me thinking if Chrysler has some minimum requirements for service technicians IQ (i.e. can tell left from right or read 245 vs 255).

Left the car for 24k service, and as winter is finally over, asked for Scorpions to be removed and F1s to be put back on a stock rims. Just in case repeated few times that 255 should be put at the back and 245 at the front.

Well, it was not enough, should have left a written instruction. They put 245 on the left side of the car and 255 on the right side :pat: . In addition one tire was left with just 5 psi and car was sitting on the rim all day (any suggestion if this could damage the sidewall?).

Thus moron of the week award goes to Lawless Chrysler Service Dept at Woburn, MA. It is even more disturbing that this dealer sells tons of SRTs and I bought my car from them, so they should know better (at least should know better than my 5 year old).

Marek

·
Registered
377 Posts
LMAO I'm ashamed to say but I'm not the least bit surprised. Dealers vary about as much as the weather but I have yet to see 1 that has made even a fair impression that they actually know what they are doing or at least care. I'm a Mopar fanatic so I can't say what the other brands are like, but so far I'm not the least bit impressed with the Mopar service techs I've talked to. My Dad has a Ford F250 King Ranch diesel and from what I can tell when he goes in for service they know every inch of what makes it tick. Disappointing for us Mopar guys but I haven't found the answer yet so if anybody finds a cure please let us know. For now I'll do my own mechanic work thank you!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately that is true. This is my third Chrysler car and for the last 10 years I was not able to find a dealer who wouldn't screw up something eventually.

I just can not comprehend from where someone can take an idea to put one size tire on the left side of the car and bigger tire on the right side (guy must have read the numbers, I guess). I do not know, maybe he came from nascar (no pun intended:))

·
Registered
127 Posts
That's why you should never take your car to ANY car dealership for service unless you positively have to.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Cmon out to western ma, Ill change your tires... and oil if i can drive the srt around for the day lol.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Yeah I was talking to a chrysler dealer when my brother got his 300 (which I have now) when I was turning 18 and neeeded a job and he confessed he didnt know jack about the stuff he sells, pretty much what the average consumer would want to know... and he said that if someone(consumer) knew what they were looking for they would know it without the dealer having to know special things.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Stay away from Lawless, they are crooks and have TERRIBLE service. I was going to Concord Chrysler but they have shut down. I have only heard bad things about Grava in Medford too. I really don't know where I am going to go for Warranty work now, if you find someplace good let me know.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I bought my car from Lawless, and as they sell SRTs thought that they are any better. So far car was flawless and I was doing just simple oil changes so they did not have a chance to screw up anything.
I live on the South Shore and during last 10 years tried all of the dealers in the area. My experience was very bad. Service was acceptable for simple oil changes until more serious work needed to be done.
South Shore Chrysler and VW in Hanover-stay away from them! Both Chrysler (crooks) and VW (I serviced wife's Passat there until they ripped her off for few hundred bucks without actually fixing anything, she needed to be towed from the middle of the highway after "repairs" done by them) are the worst I have seen so far-stay away!
Chrysler in Braintree, terrible, wouldn't trust to leave any car with them.
I was also using Good Brother Dodge in Weymouth for a while with my 300M. They were relatively OK, but they do not have any experience with servicing SRT so I would rather not use them.
That's why I was driving 40 miles to Woburn. Now I am left without any alternative, as I am not coming back to Lawless.

We got Subaru for my wife (after dumping this junk from VW). Planet Subaru in Hanover has a good record. Before buying Subaru I was talking to their technicians and they seemed to be knowledgeable and passionate about the cars. Of course what kind of service they provide is a different matter. They told me they'd service any car. I will see how things will come up with Subie and maybe give them a chance. BTW, they will wash your car after every service, even a simple oil change!
I will start asking around, maybe someone knows good dealer, will keep you posted, also please let me know if you come across any dealer you'd trust your car with.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I take mine to a dealership that primarily does fords and I have never been disapointed yet. They've taken great care of me and my car they also wash it after any service, put one of those lil air fresheners and vacuum the floors. They've got a customer for life as far as I'm concerned. Oh! and every 5th oil change is free! Can't beat that!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts