Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here it is ladies and gents.

Low, fog, and now SUPER HIGH BEAMS All in B-E-A- Utiful 10,000k HID. If you want to light up the night, here is how its done.
Note: I had to turn the brightness WAY down on the camera or else they would all come out looking like pic #6

Park lights only:

New Fog System

New D1S system

New SUPER HIGHBEAM SYSTEM engaged

Cool Pic

More photos with different camera speed settings...

·
Registered
51 Posts
if you ever pull up behind me I might get out and kill you.

Looks sick tho!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are ridiculous! Had a chance to test them out a lot last night and WOW!

Low beams are sooo much brighter than the stock D1S system. Flip the fogs on and you have all the light you would ever need for driving.

Then came the kicker. After dropping down over a large hill there came a 3 mile stretch of road that had no traffic at all in sight. I flipped on the "super high beams" and BAM everything lit up clear as day. There is a sharp bend in the road to the left at the end of the 3 mile stretch that has pine trees all over it. 3 miles away the lights managed to illuminate the trees slightly!

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
if you ever pull up behind me I might get out and kill you.

Looks sick tho!
Thanks for the early morning laugh:biggrin:

·
Registered
379 Posts
I'm planning on doing this in the near future too, about 60% of my driving is well after dark on lonely backroads. I've been planning this since christmas, actually...you beat me to it!

·
Registered
347 Posts
looks nice...i wanna get some HIDs too...looking for just foggies and regular beams...but not sure what color i want yet

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I gotta say, the whole more color - less output claims are total crap... Its all dependent on the quality of the system you put in. This 10k color kit has 3x the output that my stock HID lights had.

I also like it because some 10k put the color to far up into the purple range but this is perfect. It looks the same coming at you at night as the stock low beams on a high end escalade do - a nice deep blue that lights up the night.

·
Super Moderator
5,077 Posts
Keep them damn things OFF. You are now single handily responsible for global warming! They look awesome-nice mod

·
Registered
463 Posts
I thought that its not very useful to have the HID system on the highbeam because you have to deal with the delay when they are ignited? How do you overcome that?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well again like i said the low beams/fog lights are more light than you would ever need. For those situations when there is no one else around, you can kick the highs on. The warm up isnt more than 1.5 second and once they are warmed up they can be instantly turned back on for up to a minute after shut off without any warm up time.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
There is a sharp bend in the road to the left at the end of the 3 mile stretch that has pine trees all over it. 3 miles away the lights managed to illuminate the trees slightly!
Smokey the Bear says watch out that you don't start any forest fires with those death rays!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Very nice!! Looks sick

1 - 20 of 52 Posts