1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I only voted three times, I swear.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Wattzaa matta Redman - mouse not workin'?

MT Car of the Year - fancy that!

BTW, I've been in Panama for the last 2 weeks. Searched the whole country, disguised as a tourist, looking for 300C's. Found 80 species of birds and this huge ditch dug right across the entire country - but, alas, no 300C's, or any type of 300.

As part of my disguise, I drove a Toyota Yaris (Panamanian Echo, the only make available to rent where I was staying). This car has one feature that is superior to the 300C. It has a locking, remote operated gas filler cover. It also has several hundred features that make it a runaway winner for worst car of the year.

It was soooo nice to get back into my C at Montreal airport for the drive back to Ottawa.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I think this is the first time I have ever owned the Motor Trend Car of the Year! Of course we already knew it was a great car.

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
Kudos - That makes us all "Drivers of the Year" right?
... Bartender, a round for the house!

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Northern Rider said:
Wattzaa matta Redman - mouse not workin'?

MT Car of the Year - fancy that!

BTW, I've been in Panama for the last 2 weeks. Searched the whole country, disguised as a tourist, looking for 300C's. Found 80 species of birds and this huge ditch dug right across the entire country - but, alas, no 300C's, or any type of 300.

As part of my disguise, I drove a Toyota Yaris (Panamanian Echo, the only make available to rent where I was staying). This car has one feature that is superior to the 300C. It has a locking, remote operated gas filler cover. It also has several hundred features that make it a runaway winner for worst car of the year.

It was soooo nice to get back into my C at Montreal airport for the drive back to Ottawa.
Did you have to walk from Dorval to Mirabel to pick up your car? LOL

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Mikeyjohn said:
Did you have to walk from Dorval to Mirabel to pick up your car? LOL
Naw, that white elephant is only doing cargo now (another great use of your tax dollars). All pax flights are going from Dorval (renamed Trudeau International). The distance to my home was 136 miles. Made the trip in 85 minutes (wee hours of the morning).

·
Registered
563 Posts
Now I own three COTY, TOTY. 94 Dodge Ram, 99 Chrysler 300M, 05 300C! I was hoping this would happen after two straight buys of Motor Trends top pick.

·
Registered
125 Posts
That's great news and a well deserved award. Makes me wonder why essentially the same car (Dodge Magnum) was rated near the bottom of a long list of wagons tested by Consumers Reports this month. I'm starting to think the charges made elsewhere in this forum about CR favoring the Japanese brands regardless of how good American cars get are not off base after all.

·
Registered
588 Posts
SilverHemi said:
That's great news and a well deserved award. Makes me wonder why essentially the same car (Dodge Magnum) was rated near the bottom of a long list of wagons tested by Consumers Reports this month. I'm starting to think the charges made elsewhere in this forum about CR favoring the Japanese brands regardless of how good American cars get are not off base after all.
I agree w/you about CR; they have a very obvious bias for non-American/Canadian-built autos. I've noticed that for years. Most of their auto stuff is way out; I think because they take no advertising, they rely on selling their mag. And get a bit sensational at times to do it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts