Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
It's great to have the Camaro back. But GM's been hyping it since just after the latest Mustang redesign in '05 and it's still 6 months away. GM: Stop promoting and start producing.

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
Thanks for the info... The Challenger is far better looking :)

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
You know, I'm not so sure about that. At least Chevrolet dared to be outrageous doing the interior. It is definitely a love it or hate it dash. I'd like to see it in other colors than black before I decide. But the body is gorgeous, just like the Challenger if not more so. Ford better have something fantastic up their sleeve or they are out.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
its awesome that they stopped bringing the mustang on the testing because it was basically out-classed.
hilarious.

·
Registered
127 Posts
The new Camaro Does blow the Challenger Away.

The Challenger looks nice, but the Camaro is a much better car.

It's a better looking car on the interior and exterior compared to the Challenger.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Has anybody else noticed how striking similar the profile of the Challenger and Camaro look?

I do have to admit though that the Camaro's looks trump the Challenger's. And I do really like the retro 1969 style interior.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Has anybody else noticed how striking similar the profile of the Challenger and Camaro look?

yeah they are similar but the challenger has the retro look and not everybody will like that, the camaro is more new age, will be more appealing to more people

·
Registered
459 Posts
While the Challenger interior looks to be lifted right out of a LX car, the Camaro interior does not appeal to me at all. In fact, I find it garish. That said, you'd think Dodge would have spent a few bucks to make the Challenger interior look, at least, a little bit different than an LX.
Externally, I like them both .

Phil

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Another good thing is that if GM prices the Camaro around what they're saying (sub $40K for the V8), Dodge will have no choice but to reign in their dealers and drop the price of the Challenger as well, or else they'll be stuck with all of them in inventory (like Ford with the Marauder). It can only be a good thing.

And the Camaro is slated to release a convertable the year after the coupe goes on sale. Dodge is non-commital about a convertable Challenger so far.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Went by a dealer that had a black and a orange Challenger by the roadside on display. The pictures of the Challenger does not do this car justice. I was stunned by how much sharper the Challenger looks just sitting there in real life. I am not a fan of orange, but on this Challenger it is awesome. Would need a real life side by side comparison before I could say the Chevy matched the Challenger.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
I withhold my judgment until I see the real thing, pictures can be deceiving. From what I have read, the Challenger looks way better it the flesh (in the metal?) and the pictures don't do it justice. It was the same way with the 300C for me. When I first saw the pictures, I thought it was an interesting departure from typical design practices but when I saw one on the street, it was "holy s**t, I want one of those". the Challenger looks like a nice clean design that will age well.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Good points because the 300C didn't appeal to me at first but once I saw it in person I fell in the love with it.

·
Premium Member
1,833 Posts
IMO, they both look great and I would take either!! Not being much of a "car guy", isn't north of 300 HP pretty damn good for the V6 model? It will be nice to have the Camero back. I also agree with the statement that Ford is going to need to step up to the plate soon. With the Camero back, and the pwerful and sleek Mopar offerings, Ford is being left behind.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts