Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone have the exact numbers for the mounting depth on the 6x9's in the front door?

or..has anyone replaced the oem 6x9's with after market ones..which ones did you use without any modifications.

thx

·
Registered
116 Posts
Not sure of depths but I took out my 6X9's and swapped them for some 6 1/2 inch JBL components. I reworked the stock mounting bracket, all plastic so it was easy, and used some 6X9 blank plates to put the tweeters in the highest point on the 6X9 holes in the door.

If you are worried aboutclearance on the back side of the speakers there is more than enough room in our thick doors.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have a 2006 base model 300. I installed some Infinity Reference 6x9 3-ways in the front doors, and my window scraped them when I rolled the window down. It scratched up the window tint. I believe the mounting depth is around 3" for these particular speakers. I plan to put them back in the doors, but I plan to cut out a trim plate to bring the speakers out a little bit. But there definitely is a depth limitation on speakers in the front doors, just not sure exactly what it is.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a 2006 base model 300. I installed some Infinity Reference 6x9 3-ways in the front doors, and my window scraped them when I rolled the window down. It scratched up the window tint. I believe the mounting depth is around 3" for these particular speakers. I plan to put them back in the doors, but I plan to cut out a trim plate to bring the speakers out a little bit. But there definitely is a depth limitation on speakers in the front doors, just not sure exactly what it is.

INFINTY REF 6x9 Mounting Depth is 3-1/16
Alpine Type R 6x9 mounting depth is 2-15/16

so...i should be ok.....

·
Registered
48 Posts
INFINTY REF 6x9 Mounting Depth is 3-1/16
Alpine Type R 6x9 mounting depth is 2-15/16

so...i should be ok.....

You will want to make sure that the magnet of the speaker doesn't rub on the window or the window track. I had Infinity 6x9's in my front doors of my Stratus. They rubbed and broke the window track, had to replace. If it does rub, install nylon spacers, or rubber grommets on the screw behind the speaker to bring the speaker out slightly from the frame. Worked like a charm for me. Also helps reduce vibrations. You can find the spacers at any local hardware store. They are cheap as hell, like $0.10/each. See link below for pic.

NYLON SPACERS 1/4" | All Electronics Corp - Parts, Supplies and Components

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's only an 1/8" difference between the two sets. But I'd like to know if that works.

well, i'm getting my windows tinted this weekend and my tinter is installing my front and rear 6x9's..so he'll make sure nothing touches...will lwt you guys know...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts