Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, ordered my Black beauty July 2, just had a question regarding the Mp3 compatibility with the SGII. How does it work? does the player plug into a seperate area? And does it work good? thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
The MP3 funcionality is built into the 6 Disk In Dash changer. Throw a normal CD-R burned with 200 or so Mp3s in there, and it allows you to browse the folders on the disk, and the subfolders within those. From there it shows you the file name, and track name. The random button works across the loaded Mp3 disk only. It does not work with ID3 tags it seems, so make sure your Mp3's are named correctly.

BlitzSafe is working on a CD Changer input that will allow you to plug in an AUX source such as an iPod or Minidisk player to the stock head unit. I spoke with them this week.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Is there a program to create these "folders?" I am not sure what your talking of... you mean the usual windows folders?

I was gonna just burn 200 mp3's on a disk and toss it in there....will that read the song names and such or do I need to do something different?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mp3

Hey folks, does the actual mp3 player plug into the stereo? or do you have to burn the mp3's on a disk and play it that way? thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
How long can the filename be and still display completely WITHOUT Nav?
How and where does the Folder name, filename display without Nav?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Originally posted by LOTHP
The MP3 funcionality is built into the 6 Disk In Dash changer. Throw a normal CD-R burned with 200 or so Mp3s in there, and it allows you to browse the folders on the disk, and the subfolders within those. From there it shows you the file name, and track name. The random button works across the loaded Mp3 disk only. It does not work with ID3 tags it seems, so make sure your Mp3's are named correctly.

BlitzSafe is working on a CD Changer input that will allow you to plug in an AUX source such as an iPod or Minidisk player to the stock head unit. I spoke with them this week.
The Sound Group II with NAV does work with ID3 tags.....version 1 that is. LOTHP, if your mp3 ripper is placing ID3 tags onto your mp3s, it might not be displaying the tag because they're version 2 (ID3v2). I highly recommend ID3-Tag-It http://www.id3-tagit.de/english/index.htm. Great ID3 tag editor and it's FREEWARE!! It allows you to remove ID3v2, convert ID3v2 to ID3v1, or manually punch in gobs of info. Or dig into the options of your mp3 ripper and "turn off" the ID3v2 capability. If you're downloading music, use ID3 Tag-It

·
Registered
333 Posts
Any one notice that if you punch "INFO" to display the song title and then next track starts, it flips to "file" again.

Or is it just me? :)

·
Registered
563 Posts
Does that to me too. Was going to see if there was a setting to make it stay on song as default or if it will scroll. Don't see an intuiative way to set any preferences. Probably because there aren't any. I hate reading the book. :eek:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Saw that some of these questions hadn't been answered when I was checking for tips. There are about two pages in the manual (page 172) devoted to MP3 CDs so I'm not quoting it all. But the main limits are claimed to be:

Max # folders: 100, # files 255, # folder levels 15
At the first level, file/folder names limited to 8 characters not counting 4 for ".extension"
Within folders, file/folder names limited to 27 characters not counting 4 for ".extension"
For faster disc loading, multi-session recording and CD-RW (re-writables) are best avoided.
MP3 files are supported at common bitrates up to 320 as well as four variable bitrates.

Will be doing some experimenting with this, though I'll be even happier if/when someone figures out a way to wire in an auxilary input for an MP3 hard disk player. What would be even cooler is if there were enough bandwidth and capability to play stereo music on the bluetooth connection used with U-Connect . Cell phones with bluetooth and MP3 playback are now available (and some will play MP3 to a bluetooth headset), and by late 2005 it is expected such cell phones will also be including hard disks.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Some more comments: I use Nero to burn mp3 cd's. Both fixed bitrate and VBR work fine as does multisession, no need to close the CD first. The SGII player rarely skips unless you get into it while the first track is loading. No filename scrolling on the display, so don't name all your tracks starting with "The..."

·
Registered
105 Posts
Midwestrc: I put all my songs into folders on my computer. Just create new folders and put all the songs of the same genre or whatever way you want into that folder.
I have the indash 6 CD/Nav. system in my C so I have one disc all Elvis, one all oldies, one all country etc. However you can put different folders one one cd. If the cd holds 200 mp3's you could have four folders with 50 songs of different genres ex. 50 oldies, 50 country, 50 easy listening, 50 rock. you can switch between folders or listen to all the songs in an individiual folder.
Hope this helps and I didn't confuse you too much!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Just hold the info button for a sec and it will your song info up. :D

·
Registered
153 Posts
catchMEifUcan said:
Any one notice that if you punch "INFO" to display the song title and then next track starts, it flips to "file" again.

Or is it just me? :)
Yep. I noticed it a while back. Annoys the heck out of me. I have to look at filenames all the time, instead of song title and artist.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts