Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2005 300C and am playing with the CD player. I put in some CD-ROMS with mp3s on them and they play fine, but I'm trying to get the hang of navigating through them.

I've structured the CD to have a folder for each album, and then have the mp3s numbered in the filename. They all play in the proper order, and I can skip between songs.

But is there a way to jump from folder to folder (ie, album to album)? I can't seem to find that feature. So, if I have 150 songs on the disk, and the album (folder) I want takes up tracks 120-132, I don't want to have to hit Next 120 times to get to that album.

·
Administrator
19,623 Posts
That head unit will not jump from folder to folder, only from track to track within the folder.

I gave up on making folders and just burned individual files to the CD with no folders and put it on "Random" to play all the songs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Figured it out. Here are the steps from the Track info screen (like when it's playing a song):

1. Select Song List and hit Enter
2. Select that folder icon in the upper-right corner and hit Enter

You now have a list of folders. It's a pain in the butt to do it, so I would only do it when I'm stopped at a light, or something. I'll never try it while driving.

·
Administrator
19,623 Posts
hmmm...can you set this up before you start out? Do you have to do this each time the unit is powered down?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmmm...can you set this up before you start out? Do you have to do this each time the unit is powered down?
You have to do it every time. And it's a pain in the butt. Basically, I can only change folders when I'm stopped at a red light or something.

Thinking of replacing the head with a Pioneer double din or something.

·
Administrator
19,623 Posts
Or just dump individual files with no folders on the CD and not have to mess with the startup. then put it on RND. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts