Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have recently bought a 2007 300C with the 5.7L Hemi. I am currently getting aroung 260miles to a tank of gas. Is this what I should expect? How are my fellow hemi owners doing on gas? Please let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Welcome to the forums! I'm not sure this is the best place for your post, but to answer your question I do a LOT of stop & go city driving and also tend to have a bit of a lead foot when given the chance. As a result, I get only about 12-13 MPG and usually fill up at around 200 miles. I also have AWD, which may affect my mileage a bit.

·
Premium Member
4,470 Posts
WELCOME 300C_hemi! When you have a chance please introduce yourself to the community by starting a thread in our new members section. Do you have an AWD? If not, then this thread should probably go to the General Discussion forum. I can move it later.

Now with respect to your question, I would say that our typical local driving with our 300C nets us anywhere from 250-280 miles/tank. And our normal mode of operation is to get up to the speed limit "with spirit" and then go to cruise control. It's nearly the same with the MSRT8 by the way. However, if you have lots of stops along your go, then the average mpg will drop because you're not getting any mileage while idling at a light.

However, on road trips you can expect easily to get 370-380 miles/tank. If you're going on a trip over the continental divide in CO, you can even get over 440 miles/tank (EVIC pegs at 45 mpg going down hill!). AWD will get a little less in each circumstance due to the greater degree of mechanicals involved.

·
Registered
10 Posts
2007 300C 2WD 5.7mds - Flat lands of Indiana - always use 87 octane - GY comfort trend tires - semi suburban area about 20mpg +/- 1mpg depending on traffic - Hiway @75mph 24mpg +/- 1mpg w CC.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i have everything listed below on my sig and I get 16 mpg in town and 23 mpg highway with mds shut off

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.