Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The current MPH Magazine (seen at Boarders) has a review that I've been looking for ever since the 300C came out. It compares the $250,000 Bently Arange R against our beloved 300C.

Side by Side pictures including both exterior and interior.

The magazine compares the cars to designer handbags...The Bently is the $1,000 Louis Vuitton Purse while the 300C is the $80 knockoff, but a well made functional knockoff. Which is kinda true if you think about it...if a LV Knockoff is made with quality leather, looks just as nice, and is just as functional...where does that extra $900 go? To the name, and status?

But even though the comparision does have a little validity, I still don't consider the 300 a designer knockoff. The KIA Amanti however is as well as the Hyundi XG series, making a horrible copy of the E-Class/S-Types/XR's of MB and Jaguar.

Bottom Line, yes, the 300C does imaitate the Bently Arange but it does it beautifully and has nothing to be ashamed of...and I'll even go as far as saying that in many respects, the 300C is actually a better car and not just for the money.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I Agree with you totally. I'd rather have a car that looks similar and gets mistaken for a $250,000 Bentley then a car...lets say a 04 GTO which is a $33,000 car that often gets mistaken for a $12,000 cavalier or Grand prix. I actually almost considered getting a new gto when they first came out, but for the price of the car and the lack of amenities and the fact that it will always blend in with the crowd unless it put extensive mods on it, the 300c gives me the best of both worlds. V8 american muscle and a car that always gets a 2nd look.:)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Awesome Article thanks! :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Johnny said:
The current MPH Magazine (seen at Boarders) has a review that I've been looking for ever since the 300C came out. It compares the $250,000 Bently Arange R against our beloved 300C.

Bottom Line, yes, the 300C does imaitate the Bently Arange but it does it beautifully and has nothing to be ashamed of...and I'll even go as far as saying that in many respects, the 300C is actually a better car and not just for the money.
Johnny,

Out standing.....................

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have a funny story about someone thinking I had a Bentley.

I was at a gas station filling up. Guy behind the corner was stairing at my car while my CC was going through. He set the card down and I grabbed for it to put it in my wallet. Then I realized what I did and said ohh, you probably need to see this yet when I sign. He chuckles and says...heck no...you drive a Bentley, I doubt you are trying to use someone elses Credit Card!

I just chuckled and walked out the door with a smile on my face.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
7,554 Posts
Nolmscheid said:
I have a funny story about someone thinking I had a Bentley.

I was at a gas station filling up. Guy behind the corner was stairing at my car while my CC was going through. He set the card down and I grabbed for it to put it in my wallet. Then I realized what I did and said ohh, you probably need to see this yet when I sign. He chuckles and says...heck no...you drive a Bentley, I doubt you are trying to use someone elses Credit Card!

I just chuckled and walked out the door with a smile on my face.
Good story, Nolmscheid. Thanks Johnny and Joey for the article.

·
Registered
107 Posts
The whole article is about the STR-8 and the Arnage R. It mentions in the article and everything that its the SRT-8 version.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
The article is a comparison to the 300C SRT-8. But the SRT-8 is also a 300C as displayed on this badging. So if someone is talking about an SRT-8, but calls it a 300C, they are not technically wrong. This could get confusing going forward to try and figure out if someone is talking about the 300C SRT-8, or the standard 300C.

·
Registered
83 Posts
i love my c but sorry there is no comparison when it comes to these cars. NO comparison. its almost like comparing a purple label shirt to a regular polo u can wear both and they both look nice but when u put it on and wear it it's a entierly differnt shirt.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts