Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are the best mufflers to go with for the 300csrt?
i heard that the magnaflow ones suck and there is no real difference in sound.
i want a nice deep crackling sound.
what do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
I have magnaflow and it sucked at first. Then I took off the resonators and holy hell does it sound good!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
will any of the flowmaters super 44 ones work on our cars?
if so does anyone know which ones to go with??
also will i have any flow issues with the super44s??
thanks guys for your help

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if i do get the super 44 would any of you guys know which one i should be getting?? im not 100% sure what fits my car.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I just bought the Magnaflow cat back exhaust two weeks ago and love it!

If someone told you you can't tell the difference they may be retarded! :pat:

Sounds BAD AZZ! The best part is you can't hear them at 80 but @ wot they are amazing!:fing02:

Oh and they look sick from the back too! perfect size and diameter!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm going through the same exercise at present. Would love to know if you go ahead with the flow master option. Has anyone simply modified the standard SRT8 mufflers internals and what were the results ?

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts
I added 2.5 inch pipes back from the factory suitcase and it sounds prretty good...the resonater-delete exhaust mod. I'd recommend doing that unless you want to drop a lot of coin on a high-quality cat back. IMO you're just wasting time and money if you do anything else.

Eric

·
Registered
903 Posts
so what does doing a muffler delete instead of the resonator delete do??

does that make sense? and sorry to jack the thread
I did the suitcase delete and lost 20hp on the dyno. Compared it before and after at the shop next door. Same dyno, same day, within 30 minutes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Borla and Kooks

I have Kook long tubes and Borla Cat Back, it sounds very tuned but not loud like the flowmasters or similiar. I had the Borla proir to the Long Tubes and it was just a little deaper and more tuned than stock - IMO.. Don't know if that helps any...

With the addition of the long tubes, there is a bit more Hiss under the hood and it echos a bit..

·
Registered
36 Posts
I added 2.5 inch pipes back from the factory suitcase and it sounds prretty good...the resonater-delete exhaust mod. I'd recommend doing that unless you want to drop a lot of coin on a high-quality cat back. IMO you're just wasting time and money if you do anything else.

Eric

So the large canister in the middle of the car is what the suitcase is? This needs to stay or go, someone said below they lost 20 hp?

Also is everyone using the stock tips or just straight pipes with chrome finishing. I think a set of borla tips would be nice looking.

Agree or Disagree? Let me know about the suitcase as well???

·
Registered
903 Posts
Did you reset the adaptives before re dynoing?
Yes. The guy running the dyno was shocked the car lost so much hp. He was actually very cool. I tried pulling fuse 11, disconnecting the battery, letting cool down for 30 minutes, drove it on the freeway...we did about 10-15 dyno pulls trying to get the 380 hp that it pulled before. It just wouldn't do it. It was a cloudy overcast day with about a 60 degree high so it was pretty consistent weather. Plus, the guy at the exhaust shop had warned me not to do it. He was there too and we got to talking about exhausts. He explained the expansion chamber, pipe size, how exhaust gasses flow in waves and how an big fat exhaust is NOT the best thing. Even on a muscle car the 2 chamber flows with turn downs produce less hp than one with pipes going out the rear (the exhuast gasses need to stay in a pipe to straighten out--if they leave too soon it disrupts the flow).

·
Registered
630 Posts
So the large canister in the middle of the car is what the suitcase is? This needs to stay or go, someone said below they lost 20 hp?

Also is everyone using the stock tips or just straight pipes with chrome finishing. I think a set of borla tips would be nice looking.

Agree or Disagree? Let me know about the suitcase as well???
I can tell you this having modded a lot of exhausts and looked at the SRT exhaust. The suitcase on the SRT is the same suitcase, (the large canister in the middle of the car) as the 5.7L C. It is and has to be a restriction as the inlet and outlet is only 2.25" while the piping on the SRT's to and from the suitcase is 2.75". So you're restricting the exhaust flow right at the suitcase for sure. However, what might be an even bigger restriction is the resonators at the back...I have not looked at those.

·
Registered
55 Posts
i just posted this on srt8oc, same question.. this is the sound you get from the resonator delete, leaving the stock suitcase alone... i also love showing these videos :)

1st burn
YouTube - srt8 300c burnout

2nd burn
YouTube - srt8 burnout

3rd nut - listen for the shift into second gear...
YouTube - srt8 300c donuts

4th.. YouTube - srt8 300c one last drift donut

here's what removing the resonators will sound like with leaving the suitcase in... sounds good.. there is slight resonance in the cab at about 1800 rpm but goes away before 2000rpm... no resonance at highway speeds, no drone, sounds deep... you wont regret it for the money... you can also change the central muffler out to something else if you wanna change the sound some more, if you don't like it.. ... but this is nice and deep, quiet while driving normal, and loud at WOT... do it first and see what you think..

·
Registered
25 Posts
What would happen if you removed the suitcase and resonators and put regular mufflers where the resonators use to be?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts