Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just checked with the G-Tech.

82degC night, medium humidity, clean concrete surface, just punched it and held it through some wheel spin, 200lbs (all muscle) driver, approx 50lbs of additional trailer hitch weight, 1/4 tank of gas, sea level:

6.58secs...

Pretty far off the C&D 5.3secs...

·
Registered
631 Posts
How much wheel spin are we talking about? That could account for why you were so far from C&D. You would probably need a perfect launch to hit 5.3.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It wasn't a huge amount of wheelspin. I forgot to mention that I turned off traction control (through the regular button, not the fuses). The car did get a little sideways.

I would guess with more tries, I could get it down by 3 tenths, but no way do I see getting 5.3. But then again, none of the other magazines got very close to 5.3.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Here's what works for me:

1. ESP off.
Gears in maunal shift mode.

2. Hold brake with left foot.

3. Do a burnout run up first by applying throttle with some brake on. Let the car walk forward. Create lots of wheelspin. This step is to warm up the tires.

4. Do your timed run immediately after your run up. Use the left foot on brake. This time, the trick is to avoid too much wheelspin.

5. Let the car shift up in manual mode on its own. You may need to do this a couple of times, so the computer learns your intentions.

I think 5.3 is optimistic, but under 6 should be reachable with a bit of practice.
:D

·
Registered
440 Posts
Put a 60 LBS kid in there and see what kind of time he pulls ;)

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
A friend just loaned me his G-Tech. It might be this weekend before I can test with it and post results. In the mean time, I'll keep my eyes open for a good stretch of road to use for the testing.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Awhile ago I used a Gtech and got a 5.34 I believe. Its possible but you really have to practice with the launches to get the times to dip a lot. For example I wanted to see if my friend could turn a better time than me becasue he is lighter than me. He ended up with a 5.89. He had never driven the car before and just punched it.

·
Registered
251 Posts
NYCARAUDIO said:
Awhile ago I used a Gtech and got a 5.34 I believe. Its possible but you really have to practice with the launches to get the times to dip a lot. For example I wanted to see if my friend could turn a better time than me becasue he is lighter than me. He ended up with a 5.89. He had never driven the car before and just punched it.
Both are fast times compared to what I have seen posted by others.

·
Banned
3,813 Posts
Based on what customers have said the G-Tech is good to test before and after numbers after doing upgrades but it might not be completely accurate for true 0-60 and 1/4 mile numbers. A 14.0 ET at the track would be good for mid 5 second 0-60 times. 6.5 seconds would be more like a low 15 second ET.

2005 Silver 300C - Mods going on now!
2005 C6 Millennium Yellow Corvette convertible - on order
2002 Silverado HD - 8" lift + much more!
2002 Supercharged 8.1 Suburban - [email protected] 95.79
2001 Grand Prix GTP - buy me!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts