Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I saw a new Malibu in real life for the first time. I know I will take s*it for this, but that is one fabulous design. I studied it from all angles and there is not a bad line anywhere. The front melts with the middle and ties into the rear without a kink or jolt. The roof line is close to brilliant (a little 300 chop top there). I couldn't help but imagine the same body, one size larger. It would be the perfect 300.

Later I went to the Cadillac dealer to check out the new CTS. I have to say that the Malibu has got it beat as far as body design, but the Cadillac's interior is probably the best Detroit (do they still build cars there?) has to offer right now. GM is on a roll. I hope they don't lose momentum. The Buick Invicta concept is also pointing in the right direction.

Perhaps Chrysler will absolutely stun us with the next 300. I hope so. For so many years I shed tears with each crappy model year from the Big 3. Now I have hope again. Let's just see Ford come around as well.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I agree, a friend just bought a new Malibu and it is very nice... the bow tie folks out did themselves with this one...

·
Registered
666 Posts
I like the malibu too, make a "SS" version with 300+ hp that still gets 30 mpg, for under $29k with bumper to bumper for 7/70, Where do I sign

·
Registered
465 Posts
yeah it seems like the malibu's are starting to live up to the hype now. i dont mind them one bit. i like the CTS-V's. those are really nice sporty cars. if i didnt have kids, i would be driving one right now.

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
I think the Malibu is GM trying to catch up with what DCX did in 2004-5... the 300, Charger and Magnum. Now if only CLLC would/could stick to their guns and keep up the pressure... but, no they cancelled the Magnum; they have less differentiation between the model packages remaining; they bring out the "mini-me" versions of Caliber and Avenger...

And it seems that other than the Challenger, they are headed toward smaller Toyaissanundieabu unmemorable and hybrid car designs for the non-performance masses, or really ugly and strange mutations of truck/SUV type things.

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
I like the malibu too, make a "SS" version with 300+ hp
Can you say Torque Steer? :pat: . I agree it's a nice looking car, but it is still Wrong Wheel Drive! GM needs to give Chevrolet a version of Pontiac's G8 (a proper RWD platform) or nobody will take it seriously - - at least not car enthusiasts.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess. I agree that the car looks a little funny in these photos, but you just wait until one rolls by you. Then you'll see. Sadly, I probably will never own one. You see, I have had the taste of a 300C. What can I say.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
I like it, but it happens to be about 15 years too late IMO. GM should
have been making cars like this in the early 90's....

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
The windshield is too big, the back windows are too big, the roofline while nice, is still a little too uh.. bubbly.. It's nice, but not really much better than the Acura TL, and I'm not a fan of the interior at all.

·
Registered
105 Posts
The Mailibu looks like every other car on the road (well, not really). It doesn't have the design that distinguishes itself from other vehicles.

I love my 300C because it has a "look" that differentiates itself from other vehices (Hemi, AWD, etc are also pretty nice). My wifes PT Cruiser does the same thing. Thumbs up to Chrysler for having some excellent designs.

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
I've seen a few Malibus in person and can happily say while they look nice, they don't have half the road presence the 300 does. Anyone who denies that is simply a GM fanboy (and there are lots of those).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts