Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Gang - I never made an official "purchase post" but I bought a 300 S V6 back in August and have around 10,500 miles on it already. Love the car and it's performance. I had a 2009 Ford Fusion that treated me great, put 100K on it with zero issues. I was just ready for something with more than 160 HP so that I didn't need to plan my passes on the highway by turning off my AC. I also am 6'7" so space is important. Size was good enough in the 300. The person sitting behind me is screwed though.

For people always asking about MPG of the car: I have tracked it via the app "acar" for android for 6,000 Miles. I average 20.930 miles per gallon. I do remote start my car to warm it up about 3 times a week. I live in Philly so cold weather is a factor. I travel mostly highway miles in stop and go traffic, mostly left lane, and "spirited" when lighter traffic allows it.

I've done just a few cosmetic mods: tints and plastidipped the wheels black with glossifier. I also installed Morimoto HID headlights and fog lights. I plan to get the chrome trim around the windows vinyl wrapped black and I'm interesting in buying this grill any thoughts on how it would look? Too much black at this point? My car below:

I've had 3 noticeable glitches that I have yet to take in to the dealer to get checked out.

1. Heated Steering Wheel: At around where 10 o'clock is on the wheel I have a dead spot in the heated wheel, is that normal? Is that where the coils stop/start wrapping? Picture to show exactly where I mean below.

2. When I remote start my car, the backs of the seats automatically heat, but the butt of the seat does not. If I toggle my heated seat on and off after I get in and officially start the car, the butt's then warm up.

3. Disc Error: Nearly every time I start my car, I get the "Disc Error" message. I just press OK and it goes away but it's pretty damn annoying.

Curious if anyone else has experience my 3 "problems." As far as problems go these are incredibly minor ones. Just thought I'd share my experience 5 months in. Great car, gets a lot of looks, and is different from most cars on the road!

Attachments

·
Registered
749 Posts
Like what you did with the wheels. I've been considering the ones on eBay that are OEM rims refinished in black chrome by the seller. These look very close to that and it looks great.

Your radio definitely needs attention. Dealer will probably replace it, it sounds like it's having internal issues.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Issue with steering wheel i haven't notice that at all. I have a 2012 300c but don't believe that should matter. Same with disk error, never once seen that pop up ever. Can't really comment on the heated seat start up. Living on Southern California never gets cold enough for these to turn on. I believe it has to be 49 degrees or less for the heated driver seat and steering wheel to turn on with auto start? I can say though when it is hot enough with remote start it does cooled driver seat both seat and back rest.

I would say all 3 are easily dealer problems to be fixed under warranty. Better to go in with all 3 problems addressed and fixed then one at a time.

Question: Did your car come with factory HID headlights and fogs and you just changed them out or did your car come with Halogen projectors and you did the switch? Thanks

·
Registered
732 Posts
Nice looking car dude, love the wheels.

I've never had any of the problems you've mentioned, although have only had mine for a week or so.

To the dealer buddy! Get that stuff fixed asap!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Question: Did your car come with factory HID headlights and fogs and you just changed them out or did your car come with Halogen projectors and you did the switch? Thanks
My car came with Halogen and I ONLY installed HID headlights, I didn't retrofit the entire ballast too. My specs are below. Member Pdyebrasil was the most knowledgeable of these threads, I followed his lead. I installed with a mechanic buddy of mine, it took us like 3 hours, everyone else made it sound like a breeze but I struggled. I have zero tech skills though and brought my buddy no instructions.

1 x Mopar Specific: Morimoto Elite HID System (MoparElite) = $170.00
Ballasts Morimoto 3Five (35w)
Kelvin 5000K
Wire Harness 9012
Bulbs Morimoto 3Five: 9012

1 x H11: Morimoto Elite HID System (EliteH11) = $150.00
Wire Harness H11
Kelvin 3000K
Bulb Spec 3Five (H11)
Ballasts Morimoto 3Five (35w)
Wire Harness Type Heavy Duty Relay

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
nevermind, seen they are dipped. i plan to dip mine with gloss as well

looks amazing and exactly what i want
Thanks, I loved them when they were fresh. We've had an absolutely brutal winter for Philly so the rock salt, potholes and harsh weather has done a number to my car. I got my plastidip professionally done for $150 for all 4 wheels, wasn't worth the hassle for me. I'm glad I did because they started peeling around the edges of 3 of the 4 tires recently and I emailed the guy the pictures and he said he'll re-do it for free. Only lasted 4 months but I attribute it to a really rough winter. Everyone else seems to have great experience with Plastidip and it's way better than buying >$1000 in rims.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts