Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

If I told you I am posting this thread to get the numbers up so I can PM I would be lying, like most of us, I am very proud to be the owner of a 300c so here goes with the pictures.

My car is totally standard, I thought you might appreciate the picture of the rare grille fitted !!!

I haven't seen another 300 yet, and I am enjoying the fact that everyone virtually is looking at the car.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
347 Posts
hey man,

love the car I am sure you will be very happy with it, best value for money car on the road in my opinion, and I love the color (same as mine haha)

I am also slightly confused by it on a few points

1.tortoiseshell around cup holders, steering wheel etc, I thought they were changing that to wood?
2. cruise control, I thought that was moving to the right of steering wheel, yours appears to be on left
3. ignition now on left, is that an improvement ?

things I like

1. dark interior, wish I had that
2.radio looks good improvement over old stock one
3. tortoise shell (much prefer over wood)
4. stock grille
5. new dials look real nice

things not so keen on

1. open cup holders
2. boot lip
3. aerial on roof
4. rear light cluster
5. wheels, prefered the old stock ones

anyhow I am sure you will be well happy with it. welcome aboard

maybe you can organise our much talked about southern meet haha

regards

elpirata

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the comments, I did read before I took delivery that the cruise stalk was moving or indeed been changed completely, but it appears it is the same as the old one, it is easy to use so why change it ?

The key to the left was a bit hard to get used to at first, but I have had the car 9 days and 3 hours so it is becoming normal. The have changed the key fob from the old version, it now is just a platic key fob, with the key hidden inside, I have added pictures below, the only downside, is that you have to keep opening it to use the key to open the fuel cap

With regard to the toutoise shell, I think if you go for the lux pack you get wood, but it maybe just for the us, if you look at the interior picture on chrysler.co.uk, at first glance it appears to be a right hand drive model, but if you look at the rev counter, the needle is on the wrong side, so they have just mirrored the picture, bit of a poor show really.

As far as the exterior mods go, it is basically the same as the old one, the only thing I am not so keen on is the aerial, but not a major problem.

The darker interior is a vast improvement, I waited for the new model for this feature alone.

·
Registered
63 Posts

Looks good, enjoy.

They have changed some of the lighting, door pockets and cup holders.

Can you post some pickies of what they look like in the dark.

Also does the standard radio have voice recognition?

Martin

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks john, obviously I don't need to convince you on the merits of Mineral Grey, I have had black cars in the past, and I just don't have time to keep them clean and looking their best, btw, how long did it take to grow the beard ??

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will take some night pics this evening and post asap.

The standard radio has the buttons for voice recognition and for uconnect, it would seem it is just a reminder that you should have worked that little bit harder, you get the message that the feature is installed when you press either of them

Does anyone know if you can get uconnect sorted as an aftermarket upgrade ?

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
'you get the message that the feature is installed when you press either of them'

first typo error, it should have read 'is not installed'

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Hi 2008, That's an Avatar - a graphic representation of how I don't look. Used to be black haired (nearly said a black-head) but now somewhere between skin and white and the face is and always has been clean shaven. But it entertains our American cousins. I possibly should have dug up a waving flag or somesuch but I think now my face (or to be more precise my Avatar's face) goeth before me. Must do something with the signature sometime though. Just updated the thread and I see you have added a photograph of your key. A virtually straight copy of the Mercedes one - but I certainly like it - oh yes, and I do admire your choice in colour!!!!

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,097 Posts
I'll bet those new softer inserts in the doors and on the cubby box are a big improvement, I know what a huge difference these made when I fitted them!

Stef

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Stef

Any chance of some pics of your rear DVD screens, I have seen some 7" and 10" universal headrests with DVD/Screen built in on ebay, but not sure if the colour will be a good match, or the shape of them for that matter.

Thanks

Dave

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,097 Posts
Here you go Dave, let me know if you want any more specific shots.

Stefan

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Stefan

they look fantastic, just makes me realise that the universal fit ones are possibly going to ruin the look too much.

Did you do these yourself ?

·
Registered
519 Posts
I'll bet those new softer inserts in the doors and on the cubby box are a big improvement, I know what a huge difference these made when I fitted them!

Stef
Hopefully Startech will be selling off the Alcantara trim as it doesn't fit the new model...but maybe that's wishful thinking!

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,097 Posts
Stefan

they look fantastic, just makes me realise that the universal fit ones are possibly going to ruin the look too much.

Did you do these yourself ?
Dave,

They were already fitted when I bought it, it was by a local company in Southampton, but I don't know which one.

Stefan

·
Registered
40 Posts
Congratulations on your '08 model. All the dealers I've spoken to tell me they are not available yet - in fact they are saying May before they will be released.

I'm holding out for the '08 model for the new interior & MyGig system.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mr G, pics below of led lights, the pictures I have to admit are quite poor, it is really hard to take the pictures clearly, I'm not at all a pro with a camera,if anyone has any suggestions then let me know

Not sure if the dash is any different but I thought I may as well include them

Attachments

·
Registered
461 Posts
Very Nice car 2008uk300c she looks really good - now get that garage sorted out!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hi,

does the car have auto headlights? none of the shots included the light switch, I had heard the 08 models would have them.

SDM197

1 - 20 of 37 Posts