Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swear it seems that way. I came home parked the 300C and decided I should run the Z a couple of miles since I really haven't driven it since the 300 found it's way home. Anyway I was getting on the Z after a couple of minutes and it seemed just as fast but nowhere near as torquey(is that a word) as the 300C. It was about 55 degrees out for both cars, the Z has 29,000 miles on it and C has about 1000 miles on it. From what I hear the 300 may open up a little more after some more miles. Man if that is true I'm selling my Z!! ;)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Torque is what gives the feel for the acceleration. I don't know how much torque your "Z" has but I suspect it is less than the "C". I have not felt this kind of power in a car since the early 70's and it sure is a sweet feeling.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Take them both to the track. The power of the LS1 is very deceiving with the flat torque curve. I had a 98 Z28 and an 01 SS. Both cars would hand
my C its butt. BUT! ;) the C can carry my family in comfort on long trips where the Camaros could not. And the C has more/better creature comforts.
Is your Z an A4 with 2.73's? That could explain the feeling your getting as well. Both of my Camaros were M6/3.42 cars.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The LS1 V8 in your Z is rated at 350lb-ft of torque whereas your HEMI has 390lb-ft of torque. And as mentioned above, if your Z is A4 it either has 2.73 or 3.23 rear gears and the M6 has 3.42's.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I've got a 98 M6 LS1 and a 05 300c and the LS1 would beat the 300c at any time.

In case any of you guys did not now, the LS1's in the Camaro and Firebird were highly under-rated. My 98 put 309 RWHP and 318 RWTQ which would make it put around 360 engine horsepower and about 370 RWTQ. On the highway however, the 300c pulls almost just as strong.

-Todd

1 - 6 of 6 Posts