Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've had my 300C since June 30th, 2004. A few weeks back, I noticed that the left rear seatback did not secure in the upright position. I arranged to bring it to Metro Chrysler, in Ottawa, for service.

They took the car in right away so I elected to wait while the adjustment was done. After waiting an hour, I was told it was taking longer than expected. I had places to go and people to see. So the sales manager gave me his dad's car (the Dealership owner) a new Cool Vanilla 300C.

When I returned later that day, I was told that they needed to order the part, as a spring seemed to be missing from the latch. At the time, I was chatting with the Dealer owner about frequency of repair and trouble spots on the 300 series. He said, aside from some window trim issues and right pulling on early models, the car has been virtually trouble free, providing the software was updated.

At that point, the service advisor informed me that there were two small holes in the leather on the rear seat cushion. He asked if they were there from before. Before I could answer, the dealer turns to me and says, "I thought you'd stopped trysting with all those body pierced young women".

Long story - short: New latch ordered and replaced in 3 days. Full lower seat ordered and to be replaced tomorrow. All at no charge. And no suggestion of even trying to patch the leather.

One final thing - after working on the latch, my "easy exit" feature was no longer working. Called the service dept. They put me through to their electronic tech wizard, who said, " I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Bring it in, it will only take me a minute to recalibrate - and I'll show you how to do it yourself, in case it happens again in the future."

I've just outlined the facts, here. Comments, anyone, on my service experience?

·
Registered
133 Posts
That is the kind of service we all expect! But generally don't get from any dealer regardless of manufacturer!
:)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Im glad you have had such excellent visits with your dealership. Mine has been nothing but hassel after hassel. My car has been back to the dealership roughly 20 times in the 11 months I have had it, and there are still issues with it. Im still debating about lemon lawing this pos. Im in florida though, and our regional rep in my area is Satans wife, so according to her everything about my car is "normal".

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
You Canadians seem to have it all, great service, inexpensive medications, clean water, oh well at least we don't have a PST and GST.

Fame, sorry to hear about your mishaps, your quote is almost prophetic, you took a risk with a first year American car (a Chrysler of all things) and you may indeed have gone too far (we all took that risk and some got lucky).

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Sounds too good.
MInd trading leaders?

·
Registered
337 Posts
How come Canadians don't have their own car manufacturer? I bet they could build a car that gets 100 mpg, always stays clean, handles great in snow and can run on beer for a few miles if you ran out of gas. Sometimes I think Canada is the best kept secret in the world. I wish we could swap Canada for Mexico-at least it would be warm all year round.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Even by Canadian standards, I have an exceptional dealer, who goes out of his way to treat all of his customers well. I have also cultivated a good relationship over the past 10 years. In my experience, domestic dealerships of this calibre are few and far between.

The reason I started the thread was to explore these ideas:
  • Do we get the service we deserve?
  • If we accept mediocre service, will it ever change?
  • If my dealer can give great service and turn a profit, why can't others?
  • Are we too complacent about demanding quality service for our $40K automobile?
What do you think?

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Northern Rider, that is the sort of service that I would like to have, and that I feel we should expect. And again as it's been said usually do not get. I live close enough that I could go to Canadian dealers for my service, but it would be in B.C. I wish that your dealer were on the other end of Canada.
I haven't dealt with Chrysler corp. dealerships for some years, but the last that I did, my local Dodge dealer was the one to go to. He gave me the sort of service that you describe, but that was 15yrs. ago.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts