Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had everything installed today but it snowed so here's some quick pictures. I can't comment on the ride cause of the snow but it does look good with the 1.6" drop. The bolt for the suspension is closer then I thought, ive taken a quick shot for people wondering how close the bolt is. The TIS wheels fit prefect but the tire shop did say that I might have to put spacers, but we'll see once the I hit the road with it. Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup they're 22x9.5 and im running Pirelli 265/35/22's.

·
Registered
391 Posts
What offset are you running? I'm looking into getting one of the new styles that TIS has coming out. Your car looks Great!!:)

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The offset is 18mm and thanks!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Looks real nice, I bet u r just itchin to drive it around. So u r gonna keep the TIS on during the winter? Not worried about damage to the wheel due to snow and salt on the ground?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya can't wait until I can actually drive it. Well I have another car for the winter so the 300C won't be seeing any snow or salt.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nope, the bolt doesn't touch the tire. It seems like its going touch but it doesn't I have heard that 22x9's might have rubbing problems because the tire expands more. The TIS wheels are made for the 300C with the proper offset.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I appreciate the info. I just ordered my TIS 01s and eibach springs. Yours looks damn clean, but that bolt looks so close I was beginning to get worried. So even when driving, the bolt won't get closer to the rubber?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks and no the bolt won't hit the rubber. It moves up and down with the tire so it stay's in the same spot. You'll be very pleased with the TIS rim, excellent chrome and also the lip is very aggressive giving it that deep dish look.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
300Con23s said:
Thanks and no the bolt won't hit the rubber. It moves up and down with the tire so it stay's in the same spot. You'll be very pleased with the TIS rim, excellent chrome and also the lip is very aggressive giving it that deep dish look.
It will be just fine, as long as you stick to low speeds. The 22" tire will expand in size by centrifical force as your speed increases.

This could create 2 problems - at high speed the front tires could dig into the bolt causing a blow out. That leads us to the second problem. The combined unsprung weight of the 22" TIS wheel and tire go way beyond the specs of the factory brakes. In other words, the brakes are prone to overheating and failure when trying to cope with a panic stop at high speeds.

Having said that, if you stay under 40 mph, you'll probably be okay. Even at that speed, do expect to replace costly brake pads and rotors way before the folks running 18"s or 20"s.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Oh I forgot to mention I will be replacing the brakes in a month or so with Wilwood brake kit. And for the bolt, I wouldn't scare people by telling them that its going dig into the tire and your going lose control and die. The bolt moves with the tire and even though the distance is very close there is no way the bolt will hit the tire. And I can't imagine anyone doing over 70 on 22's, there would be more concerns then just the bolt if your driving at high speeds on oversized rims and tires with stock brakes.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
300Con23s said:
Oh I forgot to mention I will be replacing the brakes in a month or so with Wilwood brake kit. And for the bolt, I wouldn't scare people by telling them that its going dig into the tire and your going lose control and die. The bolt moves with the tire and even though the distance is very close there is no way the bolt will hit the tire. And I can't imagine anyone doing over 70 on 22's, there would be more concerns then just the bolt if your driving at high speeds on oversized rims and tires with stock brakes.
Glad to hear about the brake kit. It will really give you great performance. I'm not trying to scare anyone. I've modified and raced all kinds of vehicles over the years, including Trans-am at up to 200 mph on the long straights.

I just want folks to be aware of the dynamics of oversizing with regards to performance and safety. There's always the possibility that some young fella will slap 22"s on and drive fast on them, enjoying the Hemi power and totally unaware of the tire - brake risks.

That's all. Not trying to scare anyone. Enjoy your ride.:)

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Updated the old pictures with some new pictures for the people wanting clearer pictures.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Looking Good 300Con23's, thanks for the pics! :)

·
Registered
464 Posts
Damn, now you've got me worried about the 22s. I had 22s on my f-150 without upgrading the brakes and drove it at 90mph many times without any problems. Do you really think it would be a problem driving at that speed with 22s and the eibachs on the 300? I normally average around 90mph on road trips.

Also, if that bolt has even a chance of getting in the way of the rubber, I could grind it down some right?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts