Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well, i just did my 30k tune up minus the tire rotations. i am putting my 22's on next week so that is my version of a rotation! :arms:

for those who have not done a spark plug change, i recommend a wiggle extension kit or a universal wiggle. it makes the job ten times easier and faster. i replaced the plugs with champion 570 copper ones so the MDS is happy. the old plugs look like they were in pretty good shape. i know most plugs last 75k and onward. i did some research on here and people have posted that the copper has been known to wear out at 30k miles.

im am doing my oil change next week when i get another day off from work. i looked into the whole PCV system and i dont entirely understand it. when i check autozone's website, it just has a tube listed for sale and no valve. are these cars valve-less or something? im going to look around for the valve and see if it rattles! im sure there is one on here somewhere...

my air filter was surprisingly clean for the most part too. i plan on swapping that out with an entirely different one (like K&N or something)

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Thanks for the tip! I'll have to remember that this fall when I get to the 30k mark.

At 15, both my filters (cabin air... engine air) were in great shape also... considering most of that 15 k was over 120 on the Autobahn. I'll have to research the plug issue.... still not sure which ones I'll use.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
to make the MDS happy, use champion copper plugs. i picked up some for $1.39 a piece. you can do a search on here and find out about spark plugs to use. i guess there is something special about the copper that helps the MDS do its business.

oh, when i do my oil change this upcoming week, im going to rip out that annoying intake silencer. are you stationed in germany? i used to be stationed in england.

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
I left Germany last June after 6 years... now in Texas...

I was also in Germany 88-91, but had a 5.0 Mustang so that didn't count. ;)

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I left Germany last June after 6 years... now in Texas...

I was also in Germany 88-91, but had a 5.0 Mustang so that didn't count. ;)
wow, you shipped your car from germany??? Are there many 300's over there? I saw some in belgium and the netherlands, but never saw any in stuttgart (the place i stayed in germany for a short amount of time). I imagine your car turned some heads!

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Turned lots of heads! Quite a few 300's as far as Americans are concerned... not as many European 300's....

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i pretty much had the only 5.0 mustang in england when i was there. they had a hard time believing americans would put such a huge engine in a sports car. they found out the hard way when they would try to pass me in their 4 bangers on the freeways lol

·
Registered
311 Posts
I did five years in Germany with a Chevy Van (1978-83). Would have loved to have had my 300 there and drive the Autobahn, even in my Limited. As it was, my Chevy 350 with a 4 barrel moved out smartly. Of course, I always moved over for the Mercedes S class monsters.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts