Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My bulbs came in the mail this morning. I ordered them from Cal Motor on fee-bay...$17 for the pair, and my first mod (and first ebay order!). Here's some day time pictures:

with snow for brightness reference:

These last two I stopped down the camera so that you could see the bulbs in the housings:

I like the color alot, it's just blue side of white, but not too blue at all, I measured it at about 7000k. It's actually the same color as the LEDs that I have in my home...just a very soft, yet bright, white light.
Night time pics in about 12 hours...

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i got the same ones.. they're pimp.from the same seller too, Calmotor has lots of nice led's.
How are they at night? I'm going to die waiting for it to get dark...are they as bright at night as they seem they should be during the day?

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
I don't know about these bad boys but my LED backup experiment was a disaster. they looked cool from outside the car but from inside the car you could barely see behind you.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know about these bad boys but my LED backup experiment was a disaster. they looked cool from outside the car but from inside the car you could barely see behind you.
Not at all...these are far far FAR brighter than the incandescents that were stock. Hands down. They look wicked cool, AND I can see better than I could before, due to about two times as much light casting as stock.
No night time pictures tonight, the cold drained my camera's battery while I was at work :pat: ...ahh the joys of mountain life. Tomorrow though.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Not at all...these are far far FAR brighter than the incandescents that were stock. Hands down. They look wicked cool, AND I can see better than I could before, due to about two times as much light casting as stock.
No night time pictures tonight, the cold drained my camera's battery while I was at work :pat: ...ahh the joys of mountain life. Tomorrow though.
i strongly disagree they look way better but are not as bright as the stock ones. It is also a known fact LEDS are not as bright as regular style bulbs. Dont believe me? I have a whole comparison thread with different bulbs on this issue... In fact looking at my pictures you can see which one is harder too look at.

Would i go back to stock absolutely not these look 100x's better are they brighter than stock absolutely not here is the proof:
http://www.300cforums.com/forums/faq-archives/45826-backup-light-bulb-comparison.html#post572469

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i strongly disagree they look way better but are not as bright as the stock ones. It is also a known fact LEDS are not as bright as regular style bulbs. Dont believe me? I have a whole comparison thread with different bulbs on this issue... In fact looking at my pictures you can see which one is harder too look at.

Would i go back to stock absolutely not these look 100x's better are they brighter than stock absolutely not here is the proof:
http://www.300cforums.com/forums/faq-archives/45826-backup-light-bulb-comparison.html#post572469
Then my stock bulbs must have been on their way out, because I can hands down say that these 56 lamps are brighter than the stock bulbs that I had. I can say that in a comparison between my 56 LED bulbs and my stocks, the LEDs won hands down. I'm betting our disagreement comes from the probable age of my bulbs, which could very well be almost 57,000 miles/3+ years at this point (bought the car in October '07 I know little of the history before then), so they likley had some wear on them.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Then my stock bulbs must have been on their way out, because I can hands down say that these 56 lamps are brighter than the stock bulbs that I had. I can say that in a comparison between my 56 LED bulbs and my stocks, the LEDs won hands down. I'm betting our disagreement comes from the probable age of my bulbs, which could very well be almost 57,000 miles/3+ years at this point (bought the car in October '07 I know little of the history before then), so they likley had some wear on them.
could be hard to say. nonetheless the 57 leds look awsome the luxeon single led bulbs are awsome too. if they werent so darn expensive i would be running two sets.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
could be hard to say. nonetheless the 57 leds look awsome the luxeon single led bulbs are awsome too. if they werent so darn expensive i would be running two sets.
Indeed. I just got in from the cold, where I was taking comparison photos, which it seems was for naught. My card reader doesn't want to recognize that there are photos on the card right now, so I need to find the other one - which isn't going to happen until later.

I can say now though, that the raw light output of the incandescents seems to be higher, but the USEABLE light output of the LEDs seems to be higher. Meaning that the incandescents are bright, but the color is so far off that they seem a whole lot dimmer to the nekked eye, much like using a red flashlight. If you have a red flashlight next to a white flashlight, and they are both putting out 10 lumens, the white one will give you better visibility to do what you need.
That said, I feel that I can reverse in more safety using the LEDs than I could with the incandescents. This is beside the fact that they look so freaking good...

·
Registered
979 Posts
well one thing i noticed is for some reason the white light makes a difference in the snow seems to almost be brighter in the snow i dont know if its because its white on white or what.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts