Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well guys, this is one of my first posts but I figured I would pass along a few pics of my new winter wheel/tire setup for those that have been looking for something that's gonna give you some extra grip and drive-ability in the winter.

My buddy owns a wheel/tire shop here in Calgary and was able to give me what he feels is the most aggressive setup I could possibly go with for this car considering the limited wheels available.

18" DUB Drone wheels in a flat black finish

225/60/18 Firestone Winterforce Tires (STUDDED!)

Yes the tires are studded and have an aggressive tread pattern and thus far they have been great! I threw about 125lbs in the trunk as well to give me even more grip but I must say that so far I haven't had any issues at all and we get quite a bit of black ice in Calgary. Big thanks to Bob at Urban Expressions Wheel and Tire for helping me find a great setup for the winter as I knew there was no way I was going to get through the winter on my stock wheels.

Along with the Weathertech floor mats I just got in the mail and my newly installed CompuStar Pro, I feel like I'm ready to go for winter :cool:

Sorry for the crappy pics, was in a hurry and didn't have time to get proper pics so the wheels look a little dirty but I guess what can you expect when driving in the winter.

Tell me what you think!

Jason

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
The rims look great for the car! I'm a bit surprised that the block of tread doesn't appear to be siped though. Regardless of studding, I would think any "great" winter tire would be siped. The Blizzak LM-60s that I have installed have a siped block, but no studs... don't really need studded tires around these parts. I don't have a picture of the tread blocks... maybe I'll work on that.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Could be what I've been looking for.. No more Borbet's on tirerack and trying to find an alternative has been hell.. I will for sure look into these.. How much were they per rim? I'm probably just going to stick with Blizzak's or X-Ice's.. Studded is illegal in these parts..

Thanks for the info,

MacK

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The rims look great for the car! I'm a bit surprised that the block of tread doesn't appear to be siped though. Regardless of studding, I would think any "great" winter tire would be siped. The Blizzak LM-60s that I have installed have a siped block, but no studs... don't really need studded tires around these parts. I don't have a picture of the tread blocks... maybe I'll work on that.
Not sure what you're talking about here as the tire is clearly siped in the pictures. Look at the tread block.

Could be what I've been looking for.. No more Borbet's on tirerack and trying to find an alternative has been hell.. I will for sure look into these.. How much were they per rim? I'm probably just going to stick with Blizzak's or X-Ice's.. Studded is illegal in these parts..

Thanks for the info,

MacK
Yeah I saw the borbet's but wasn't really interested in them either way. Sucks there aren't more options out there for our vehicles. They were roughly $140/rim but that's because my buddy owns the shop so I get them just above cost after freight.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Yeah I saw the borbet's but wasn't really interested in them either way. Sucks there aren't more options out there for our vehicles. They were roughly $140/rim but that's because my buddy owns the shop so I get them just above cost after freight.
Well I ended up buying a pair of ASA AR3's from TireRack. They should be arriving tomorrow and off to the tire shop for confirmed fitment before they will get my tires in. Guess that's what happens when you wait till mid season to buy something. Ill post up here how it all goes and hopefully some pictures for others.
After all this it probably would have been better to just buy a beater!

·
Registered
526 Posts
so ur running a 16 inch tire on a 18inch rim?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts