Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Gang,

Just to give an update on the car so far. I received notification of a recall involving my 300 the other day. The recall is about the IP gauge cluster. Apparently a few cars are involved with this recall. The IP gauge cluster needs to be recalibrated, This according to my dealer service technician, is a software upgrade to recalibrate the gauge cluster in the car. My fuel gauge read a smidgen below the "F" mark with a full tank of gas. I have had this condition since I took delivery of my 300 on 12/6. When I took delivery of my 300, I noticed that the gauge did not read "FULL" when I picked up the car. This didn't really concern me at first, until I filled up the tank for the first time post delivery. I contacted my dealer and DCX about the problem just to give them a "Heads Up" and to see what needed to be done. My dealer and DCX both said that they would look into this situation for me and get back to me when they have a solution.

I have been monitoring the boards and happened to notice that a few of the members on this board have noted the same thing. I called my dealer and he said that DCX was working on a solution and to check back soon. I then checked the Chrysler website under the "Owner's" tab for recall information and found out that the car has the first recall notification since I took delivery of it on 12/6. I'm happy that the DCX engineering staff and technicians came up with a solution to the situation pretty quickly and promptly posted notification of the recall on the site. I called my dealer and set up the appointment for Monday morning at 8 am. At that time, I am also having my base radio swapped out for the 6 disc changer model. I can't wait to get everything completed, and everything working the way it should. I will report back to the group after I return from the dealer on Monday morning.

Sincerely yours,

Brian T. Carotenuto

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Good luck! May the force be with you ;)

I too will be at the dealer Monday morning.
I have a creaking steering wheel that the Dealer thinks they now have a fix for. Took the dealer a couple of weeks to get a recommended fix/solution from DC.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts