Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a small notice/warning...

Not only is the gas tank a greedy little gluttonous monster, but the car seats also have a habit of taking things that don't belong to them...Shame on them. :p

A couple days ago I noticed that I couldn't find my cell phone. So after a day of tearing my house apart, re-tracing all my steps (including going back to the Chinese restaurant that I had last visited), I cancelled my phone.

I'm sitting in line for the carwash last night, because I guess in Virginia that's the happening thing to do on a Wednesday night. I was sitting there listening to CDs when one of the cds dropped off my right leg into an abyss. I reach down on the right, and notice my hand doesn't even touch to the floor. I saw one of the cds that dropped, but I couldn't find the other.

So I had to get out of the car, open up the back seat, and get all the way down and reach up under the seat, and STRETCH. I found the cd, and WHAT'S this? YA! my phone...and now I can spend that $200 that I would have spent on a replacement phone and use it on some mud flaps
:D

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Taha24 said:
LMAO! Great story. We need a thread about funny stories revolving around the 300 :p
Actually, I think a lot of the threads are too serious, and I just try to ease things up a bit...response isn't always so receptive. :eek:

I too would like to hear funny stories from the 300 FAM

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
So THATZ where my cell phone went.
You need to look deep, deep under the front seats as well - to find the "cutout" in the carpetting that held many asundery items until I recovered them recently.
Will check that back seat now....

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
joe300c said:
Welp.. I bought some groceries.. when I came home I looked for my groceries but couldn't find them in my car.. yet I remembered buying them.. then a few days later while eating an ice cream cone, it suddenly hit me: I'd put my groceries in the trunk! I went to open my trunk and sure enough there were my groceries.. Oh well .. Then it was starting to get late..

C'mon guys.. seriously..
Read back over some of your own posts... c'mon Joe, lighten up... seriously.. :p

Funny 300PMP... had similar experiences with the 'abyss' myself.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Example of the "Senior Member Intolerance Syndrome" S.M.I.S.

New Member X writes: Hey guys...I noticed X about my 300, and wondered if you had any of the same issues? :rolleyes:

Response from Senior member X: "Oh my God, haven't you read the threads on this...we posted them way back in Nov., when we were the 1st ones with the car! What's wrong with you, can't you use the search? :mad:

New member X feels like: Dogg, was it that serious? Lighten up...seriously...suffering from

SMIS!! :cool:

·
Registered
272 Posts
LOL. That is true with a FEW people. Most of the older members are VERY helpful. I remember when I started coming here users like HEMEE, Rouge, BrillianBlackHemi, etc.. were all very helpful and even nice to new comers.

While I am not as nice to people as those guys, I still try to be a little nice.

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
Taha24 said:
LOL. That is true with a FEW people. Most of the older members are VERY helpful. I remember when I started coming here users like HEMEE, Rouge, BrillianBlackHemi, etc.. were all very helpful and even nice to new comers.

While I am not as nice to people as those guys, I still try to be a little nice.
... and some newcomers make it easier to be helpful/nice than others! ;)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Taha24 said:

:D I know...most of em are really cool and helpful...I just like to poke a little bit at some of the more up tight ones, but still all in fun. I think this forum is awesome, otherwise I wouldn't check in at least once a day.

I just wanted to loosen the tone a bit, but maybe I should be in the off-topic forum :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
My wife smokes. I can't count the number of times (in our last car) she dropped a lit cigarette between the seat and center console. This often required an emergency stop and a big search and destroy mission to find the smoldering cigarette.

Recommend buying a piece of foam rubber about 12 x 1'1/4 x 4 inches
and stuffing it between the seat and center console. Taping or sewing black leather/cloth around the foam rubber will make it almost unnoticeable.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Same abyss as in the X5, The foam idea is a good one but I wonder if it will stay in place with the autoglide function active. There are some light hearted threads "the likeable little things" and "funny cop story", modesty prevents me from saying who started those. They are fairly old and new variations by new members would get good responses I would expect.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts