Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Now this was a job, cleaning the 50 gal gas tank was a treat, not to mention the chrome exhaust stacks, good thing I didn't have to do the engine.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Yeah....That was a LONG HAUL

·
Registered
974 Posts
i have felt you pain on washing a semi. a buddy of mine has a peterbuilt that he brings by the house every once in a while, and we put a shinin' on her. it takes a while, but once it is clean it looks niiice. as far as engine specs, he had the oil changed and then had it dyno'd and i want to say that it makes somewhere in the neighborhood of 510 hp on cruise control and a little over 2300 ft-lbs of torque. i guess that it does not make peak horsepower while going through the gears, and the only way to reach it is to use the cruise control.

·
Registered
89 Posts
One of my friends just picked up a new Peterbilt long nose conventional with a 600 hp Caterpillar and an 18 speed transmission. The thing cost $132,000.00 and has a 255" wheelbase. Huge 24.5" polished aluminum wheels and so many other things I can't recall. Oh yes, it has a gps, fridge, microwave and a satellite tv in the sleeper compartment.
I took a short test ride in it since I have a CDL. Boy that thing sure does sound good with a deep diesel clatter and well over 2,000 lb. ft. of torque.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts