Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an email today from the fabulous Beth at HARMAN BECKER. It read...

I have selected you as a potential BETA tester of our newest Software Release (9.807). A package has been sent out, enclosed with instructions and a software update disc.

Below is what the UPDATE will do. Also are the past updates and what they did.

MyGIG with Navigation) Software Versions Definition

9.807 RER/REW/REP Software update disc (same as 1.055 software in Model Year 2009 radios)
· New UConnect Functionality – support of Phone Book Download from compatible Bluetooth Hands Free Phones. A paired phone will automatically download phone numbers to the MyGIG address book. Radio provides Voice Recognition to all names in this download. User can manually store individual names to the permanent address book.
· Added more Bluetooth Compatible phones (many new phones including Motorola Q)
· Human Machine Interface (HMI) improvements
o Added Alpha jump to HDD lists (select first letter in a list instead of scrolling through list)
o Moved JB (Juke Box) tab to FAVORITES under HDD
o New progress icon for downloading music
o Changed some POI icons on the map (removed yellow background)
o Added phone book download status icon under UConnect screen.
· Improved reliability of downloading Maps, Gracenote and application updates
· Major Bug fixes
o Fixed all audio mutes (missing audio) on Start Up.
o Increased the number of Sirius Traffic messages and speed/flow
· Note, iPod support is only available today through Model Year 2009 radios via a serial port out the back of the radio. It is not currently an upgrade for Model Year 2007 and 2008 radios.

9.713 MY08V2.2 RER/REW/REP released March 2008 mailed to all dealers and users
· Enable Wrangler microphone for UConnect and Voice Recognition
· HDD firmware update to prevent Master Cylinder HDD corruption
· Able to play imported compressed music from same album in order of the track number
· Navigation data base improved update software
· SAT preset to new defaults
· No change to Navigation or Gracenote data base
· Note – Mopar Part Number 1-CDL1H111

9.665 MY08V2.1 RER/REW/REP released January 2008 only in for new production units
· Graphics Accelerator for faster 3D map
· Overlay Sirius speed and flow on Map in three colors, RED, YELLOW & GREEN
· Update of UConnect bluetooth drivers for Verizon phones (i.e. Motorola V3)
· Faster POI lookup
· Improved Software update process using CRC error check

9.561 MY08V2.0 RER/REW/REP released October 2007
· 5 second timer on Accept Screen (aka Nag Screen)
· iPhone Uconnect support added
· Saves the Nav Prompt volume to 0 over an IGN cycle
· Fixes loss of SAT presets

9.556 MY08V1 RER/REW/REP (North America, Europe, Middle East, South Africa, Australia) released July 2007
· Bug fix radios stuck in Spanish or French (Wrangler)
· Bug fix radios stuck in Demo mode
·
9.041 MY07 RER (North America) launched in March 2007
· Launched on Nitro, Wrangler and Sebring (Avenger)
· Navigation Data Base 1Q06 (March 2006)
· Gracenote August 2006

8.044 MY07 REW (Europe) launched in December 2006
· UConnect & Voice Recognition Disabled
· Navigation Data Base 1Q06 (March 2006)
· Gracenote August 2006

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Thanks for the update Shoeboy! I'm liking the phonebook downloading feature a lot. Let us know how it works for you. I have 9.715 presently.

Bernie

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will do...as soon as it arrives. I too have version 9.715 and it's great, but the additions made by 9.807 will put MYGIG over the top. I can't wait to see what else they come up with. Having had my 08 (and MYGIG) for 10 months now, i am SOOOO happy with it, but I almost wish i waited for the 09. Keyless entry, push button start, iPOD controlled from the MYGIG (and maybe the steering wheel) and antenna in the rear window. ALL AWESOME features that i WOULD LOVE to have!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Installed this update Saturday (yesterday).

So far so good. Several improvements that look great.

Hopefully the mute issue is taken care of.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Could someone point me in the right direction to speak to HB customer support. I can't seem to contact anyone there and I badly need this software update. It seems that Beth is the correct person to contact, but I don't know how. Can someone help me out?

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

ALL MY MUSIC IS GONE FROM MY HDD!!!

I AM PISSED!!!! Not only that, but i cant load more music!!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Shoeboy....

I thought that at first.....same thing could not load additional music, juke box gone and no music files. I had to do something else and went away, came back to the car 2 hours later and my music was there! What a relief. MyGig was reconfiguring?? not sure. But I have everything now I had prior.

Hope you experience the same.

The phone book from my phone was automatically loaded into the MyGig...very cool.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

ALL MY MUSIC IS GONE FROM MY HDD!!!

I AM PISSED!!!! Not only that, but i cant load more music!!!
Ok Ok so get this....I put in a CD and decide to try to load THAT to the HDD. IT WORKED...and not only that, but when it was done loading...ALL my music was back. WHo knows...? I am just glad its there and the new options work AWESOME.

No longer pissed,

Aaron

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Shoeboy....

I thought that at first.....same thing could not load additional music, juke box gone and no music files. I had to do something else and went away, came back to the car 2 hours later and my music was there! What a relief. MyGig was reconfiguring?? not sure. But I have everything now I had prior.

Hope you experience the same.

The phone book from my phone was automatically loaded into the MyGig...very cool.
how does the phone book thing work. Can you voice dial anyone in the phones phone book? Or do you have to look the number up on the MYGIG? Also do all the NAMES and NUMBERS go to the hard drive? or is it just there while the phone is connected via the bluetooth? I have yet to try that feature. The icon showes a book with a red or green check right? have you figured that out?

sorry for all the ?'s

Aaron....shoeboy

·
Registered
102 Posts
Not a problem.....glad to help.

The contacts in the phone are loaded automatically and remain in the MyGig phone book. You can listen to them and since I have several hundred I have tried to stop the audio and dial a particular number but have not been successful. Eventually I will get it figured out or maybe someone will contribute....

HB did a nice job with this update, took some time but paid off? Hopefully no new issues come about.

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Do either of you guys have contact info for this new beta update? I'd love to have the phonebook capability.

Bernie

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not a problem.....glad to help.

The contacts in the phone are loaded automatically and remain in the MyGig phone book. You can listen to them and since I have several hundred I have tried to stop the audio and dial a particular number but have not been successful. Eventually I will get it figured out or maybe someone will contribute....

HB did a nice job with this update, took some time but paid off? Hopefully no new issues come about.

mine dont seem to wanna load. when you hit the uconnect button is there a little phonebook at the bottom? does it have a green or red check next to it? ugh i want that to work...maybe it doesnt work with my PALM treo 755P. oh well, i'll keep trying.

Aaron

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Do either of you guys have contact info for this new beta update? I'd love to have the phonebook capability.

Bernie

PM SENT!

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
my PMs arent working for some reason. can some1 please send me an email to [email protected] with instructions on downloading this update
post 8 more times (i think)then you can get PM's

maybe its more than that...i dont remember

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 105 Posts