Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my grip grille monday after ordering it thursday (super fast shipping) but I installed it yesterday and it just doesn't stand out to me almost like I had it the whole time I do love the grille its just it looks small or its missing something like mesh (which I should have got) I put pictures up later cause im on my phone and don't have pictures

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I should be receiving my grip grille thursday from c/3, they color matched it for me in black.It is also coming with black mesh,in my opion I think it looks better with the mesh behind it.When the mesh is not behind the grille it does look like its missing something.

Did you install it yourself if yes how hard was it.Did you take off the hole bumper or just insatlled it with it on.

·
Registered
113 Posts
im with frankieo i have one color matched i think the mesh looks so much better with it
I got my grip grille monday after ordering it thursday (super fast shipping) but I installed it yesterday and it just doesn't stand out to me almost like I had it the whole time I do love the grille its just it looks small or its missing something like mesh (which I should have got) I put pictures up later cause im on my phone and don't have pictures

·
Registered
43 Posts
hi I put the chrome grill on my ride just yesterday, I think it is the mesh that sets it off. I also did the instal with just me and the wife and found it really easy...

·
Registered
43 Posts
we took the whole bumper off the car to do it.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Is it easy as everyone says!Dont know much about cars so dont really want to mess things up.One of our members on the forum dads ownes a shop and said he can do it for a fair price.I would like to try it myself but alot of times in the long run it cost me more.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Another vote for the mesh.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I guess it could have been easy if I wasn't so impatient but first you got to drill those tabs on the wheel well off which I cut the little nipple piece off first pardon my french and then drilled right in the middle of those tabs and they pulled right out (no problem) then they say pull the wheel well back had some problems there unscrew the bolts holdin the front bumper (10mm) on I unscrewed what I thought there were only two then NOPE oh there's one more NOPE another after about hour 3 (only cause I coudnt remove the wheel well) I said forget it anyways and had someone put it on and I did get the VIP300C B cover eyelids and they perfect with the grille and Frankie we gotta see you grille when you get it on

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Recieved the grille today and it looks awesome the only problem is I wanted black mesh they put on chrome.So i removed the mesh and started to prime and paint it today.I will post some pics soon as i install it.

Jabroni your car looks awesome!I am glad i started to paint the mesh black because it looks great on your car.

·
Registered
243 Posts
hi I put the chrome grill on my ride just yesterday, I think it is the mesh that sets it off. I also did the instal with just me and the wife and found it really easy...

would you happen to have a full view of the whole car so i can see how the chrome grip grille looks... not alot of 300s in here with the chrome and im looking into getting them soon but just wants to see how the whole car looks... thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Today I started to install my grip grille everything was going well until it started to rain.I thought I could install the grillwithout taking off the bumper, wrong.Got all screws in but the bottom four.So on Saterday

going to try to take off the bumper and get those last four screws.Here are some pics off my cell phone:
The second photo shows the grille sticking out thats were the last four screws must be installed.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Looking good frakieo....yea as all suggested....take the fascia off....much easier.Then you can install mesh in lower ports if you have extra

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Putting in the mesh will fill the VOID....a must IMO!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Jabroni your car looks awesome!I am glad i started to paint the mesh black because it looks great on your car.
Thanks! I appreciate it. :) It's just about where I want it now. I am talking myself into a polished intake to go with the stainless Airhammer for the underhood accent. That just looks sweet.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts