Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 300C for 30 days, so far these are the problmes and Chrysler Southern California Customer Problems (He sucks and takes him 3 weeks to response to a single request)

1. Passenger side indoor light went out (Dealer fix it), while I was driving away the plastic cover fall off, I have to push it back myself.

2. Driver side window controller moduler has big gap, the rep said from picture he can't see difference, I told them come down and look at yourself, still waiting for phone call (3 weeks already)

3. Yesterday I just found out back seat won't lock, the release of pulling down the back seat is bad.

So far I like the car, but these things add up to disapointment.

Dave

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
Hey hog4oc, so far your list seems like only minor annoyances (except the non-locking seat back which is a safety concern), don't let these disappoint you. There are annoyances with every car to be sure, but any time you buy the first edition of a new model this is more common. I knew this going in and expected it. Still, I loved the car so much I was willing to be a 'pioneer'.

Have I experienced annoyances? Yes. :rolleyes:
Dissapointed?? Absolutely NOT!! :D

It is not the Dealer's responsibility to come to you to see any problem so don't expect that return call in this lifetime. Call the service Manager and introduce yourself with a short, friendly exchange then tell him about the items you need to have taken care of and make an appointment. Hopefully they're simple fixes and all will be well! Best of luck....

·
Registered
887 Posts
Dave, are you really disappointed in the car after this?!? Sounds like your more annoyed at the dealer...
I've had/am having some dealer/service issues as well, and it does affect the way you feel about the car when the dealer is perceived to not care, or can't fix the problems.
Once the issues are fixed it's all good.

With the back seat-did you close it "hard" back into position? Like closing a door, you need to shut them pretty good for them to lock (my 99 Camry was the same way (I had to SLAM them in the Camry) , so no, it's not a Chrysler thing)

Also - I never leave a message for my service rep, I always ask for someone else available to take my call. Go directly to the service manager, especially if you are dealing with a 5 star dealer. If they aren't a 5 star, find a new service dept.

I bet once you get some satisfaction from service that they care about you and your car - your annoyances will vanish!

·
Registered
631 Posts
For the backseat clip issue, I had the same problem. The clip (inside latch) was a little bent and would not lock. I looked at the other clip that worked, took a screwdriver and bent the inside latch a little to match the other (good) one. I have not had a problem since and the seat works great. It was off by less than an inch so it was an easy fix. Give it a try, you'll probably save yourself a trip to the dealer. Also you do have to slam the seat pretty good to engage and lock.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I too have or had the same problem with the back seat lock (the 60% side) I tried pushing it hard and it wouldn't lock... then I remember a little trick from my glove box on the mazda, I tried it and it worked:

While the seat is open, pull on the strap all the way, you might or might not hear a little click, then push back the seat... a good way of knowing how hard you should push is, sit and push back as throwing yourself back on the seat to relax.

What had happened was that the hook thingy had stayed in a half way locked position so I had to release it in order for it to work fine again...

good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts