Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, what do ya'll think about these sport vents and lip spoiler from Wykoff? (At $280 for spoiler and $120 for vents - a very reasonable price for painted accessories, IMHO) I've seen the spoiler the 300's before, but not the vents. I have to admit, I was a little leary after I put the vents on, but now I love them. I'm not planning to modify my car any more than this - I just wanted something different to set it apart from the very few other 300C's around here.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
Sorry, but those vents have got to go. They are obviously a tack on item and could never have any real function since they would be cooling the door rather than the brakes.

Also breaks up the clean lines of the side of the car.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
i assume they just stick on with 3MM doublesided tape?.....i think ive seen them before. i dont think id put them on the door if i got them, how about putting them on the fender, slightly above the "300c" sign. i think that may give it a more agressive look. anyone with pics of this?

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Maggie Pearl said:
So, what do ya'll think about these sport vents and lip spoiler from Wykoff? (At $280 for spoiler and $120 for vents - a very reasonable price for painted accessories, IMHO) I've seen the spoiler the 300's before, but not the vents. I have to admit, I was a little leary after I put the vents on, but now I love them. I'm not planning to modify my car any more than this - I just wanted something different to set it apart from the very few other 300C's around here.
Maggie Pearl...I think some people are missing the point.You added these accessories to "personalize" your car to your taste,and I applaud you for that.Don't let others influence you as to how or why you add or subtract accessories to your "C".I,myself,really like the sport vents (have added them myself-because I LIKED THE WAY THEY LOOK).
Just my opinion.
Take care,
Stan

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Guys. I was just wondering how many other people had added them - I haven't seen any pics. Anyway - when it comes down to it, I'm really the only one that has to like them - whether they're functional or not! :D

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
vent

I like the Vents on the Front Fender they give it a retro look.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Pearl,

It is different as I have not seen the vents until now.
We are all allowed our opinion but in the end if you like it, is all that matters.

Enjoy!!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Spoiler looks great. I've always liked that spoiler.

The vents on the other hand I do not like because they are not functional. But as has been mentioned already, that's my opinion. All that matters if that you like it.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hey Maggie Pearl, I think it looks great! Does that spoiler have tape on each lip (top & side)? If so, was it tough to get pressed all the way down on to the trunk before it stuck?

·
Registered
901 Posts
Looks Goooooooooood

MaggiePearl, I love what you did to your C, very tasteful, I must say that looks sweeet! Thanks for the pics, and AGAIN, Great JOB!! :)

·
Registered
285 Posts
still not sure

Maggie Pearl said:
I've very picky about things like this...as there are many things that cna be added, wheel well trim, pillars, truck strip, strip under the doors... not too mention the spoiler, grill, etc... I'm still kinda on the fence about these sport vents.... I personally don't buy into the "it doesn't have any real purpose" attitude.... it's cosmetic...and that's that. It looks very nice on your 300... I'm not sure if i'm quite sold on the fact myself...but it's certainly unique, and yours stands out....be proud of it....

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
Hey MP, if you're happy, we should be happy for you.... I AM!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice Photoshop work Fast300c! - but those vents were too wide to fit behind the front wheel :( . I definitely would have liked them better there, at the bottom, though. I guess putting them on reminded me of my Mustang GT days.....(God only knows why I would want to go back there! :rolleyes: )

watchout said:
Hey Maggie Pearl, I think it looks great! Does that spoiler have tape on each lip (top & side)? If so, was it tough to get pressed all the way down on to the trunk before it stuck?
The spoiler came with tape on top & bottom - read somewhere that someone had gotten one with tape on one side only - it wasn't hard to put on at all, it stuck right away with no problem. (Hubby helped!)

wesexcellence said:
Wil there be any problems with water standing in front of the spoiler?
Haven't noticed any water standing yet, but I don't think it will be a problem. It didn't pool up when I washed it, and we haven't had any rain all week (miracle). (P.S. to WesExcellence: Hope you're feeling better and that all went well!!! :) )

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
hey does anyone know where to get the 3 cluster vents that were in the last picture? all ive seen is the one in the pic above and i like the 3 vents better

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hey Maggie Pearl, I finally got around to install my spoiler from Wyckoff. When I lay the spoiler on the trunk, both spoiler ends are about 1/2in high (off the trunk). It doesn't seem like the spoiler will flex enough to lay flat. Did you have this problem when you test fitted your spoiler? Also, the color on my spoiler seems a little dark. Does your match perfectly?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts